Thread: The Virginian Pilot POLL: Which candidate is more qualified to be president...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 The Virginian Pilot POLL: Which candidate is more qualified to be president...? 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    The Virginian Pilot POLL: Which vice presidential candidate is more qualified to be president...?

Which vice presidential candidate is more qualified to be president should the need arise?

Joe Biden
    33% (406 votes)
    Sarah Palin
    60% (737 votes)
    They're equally qualified
    6% (78 votes)
    Total votes: 1221 Sept 13 2008 20:00 Am EST

http://hamptonroads.com/polls/which-...e?t=1221314166

I think DU is watching;

peacebird Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-13-08 11:44 AM
    Original message
    please DU this poll (Virginian Pilot) Who is more qualified to be VP?

http://hamptonroads.com/pilot/news

right now Palin is leading 2 to 1 over Biden....
    hisownpetard Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Response to Original message
    1. 67% Palin, 28% Biden. Who ARE these people?

Makes me want to move to Peru.
    go, just go

lets start a fundraiser to help lefties relocate if they like after the election. :) Tickets to Cuba or Venzuela or Iran for any leftie who wants to leave America.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    lets start a fundraiser to help lefties relocate if they like after the election. :) Tickets to Cuba or Venzuela or Iran for any leftie who wants to leave America.
    I'd be willing to pay a tax surcharge to get rid of them. It would be cheaper in the long run.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I'd be willing to pay a tax surcharge to get rid of them. It would be cheaper in the long run.
    OH no. I'm not willing to become them to get rid of them. I have no interest in forcing people against their will to pay for some pet project of mine. I'm sure that we can raise plenty of money from free will offerings that we would not have to resort to taxing people for the sake of social engineering. The ends do NOT justify the means.

OH no. I'm not willing to become them to get rid of them. I have no interest in forcing people against their will to pay for some pet project of mine. I'm sure that we can raise plenty of money from free will offerings that we would not have to resort to taxing people for the sake of social engineering. The ends do NOT justify the means.
    Who said anything about forcing them? Believe me, a onetime tax to get rid of the likes of Alec Baldwin would be the most popular expenditure of federal dollars since the Louisiana Purchase. We can put it to a vote:

Resolved that the federal government shall pay to relocate any person who has stated that they will leave the country in the event that their candidate loses the election. That those persons shall permanently renounce their citizenship and that such relocation shall be permanent.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I'd vote against it - as would most everyone I know - wereas we'd all be willing to make charitable donations.

I'd vote against it - as would most everyone I know - wereas we'd all be willing to make charitable donations.
    The problem with the charitable donations is that the majority of liberals who claim that they would leave if a Republican were elected can already afford to do it. They'd just take the money and stay. I submit that an announcement that you will leave the country based on the election results should be treated as a contractual obligation and enforced.

You know, I'm joking about this, but I find my arguments more compelling that I thought they'd be. I'd better stop before I talk myself into forced deportations. :D
    --Odysseus

This comment from the poll sums it up:

That's why those of us with all of our brain will vote for McCain/Palin.
    :p

Remember how they threatened to move to Canada in 2004? They were soooo depressed!

Isn't there a way we can hold them to their word?