Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 My Emotions are Wacky right now! 
    Last night, I fed the cats in the garage as I normally do and left for my parent's house to celebrate New Year's Eve. They have a cat door that lets them freely move in and out of the garage. I keep the litter boxes in the garage, but also feed them there.

Last night, after drinking a little too much champagne, I decided to stay at my parents for the night. I figured there were drunks out on the road, so it was safer to just stay at my parents. I had brunch at my parents in the morning and then went to my brother's house to celebrate New Year's day. I got home about an hour ago.

Normally, the minute I enter my house, my cats greet me. My cat Louie is like a dog, he needs a lot of attention when I get home. I call him, he comes. He does not have the usual cat personality. So, I get home, and I am only greeted by Leo, so I call for Louie and he does not come around. That is NOT like him. I start to panic so look all over the house like a madwoman. I realize something is wrong and he is not responding to his name or my word for food. I go into my study and I see open glitter tubes all over the carpet...and some seems missing. Now I think I'm looking for my dead cat, so of course, I start bawling. I look EVERYWHERE. Open cupboards, doors, every nook and cranny of my house, thinking he ate the glitter and went someplace to die. I go outside in the front and backyard hoping that he somehow slipped out when I left for my parent's house yesterday.

I look for some sign from Leo to lead me to the my cat...all he does is MEOW, constantly, like he is mourning Louie. After about a half of turning my house upside down, I realize Leo hasn't eaten since yesterday afternoon, so I give him some food in his container in the garage. Within minutes, he goes through the cat door, didn't touch the food and starts Meowing again. Leo is not normally vocal cat, AT ALL. My daughter is sleeping on the couch.

I throw on a pair of jeans and t-shirt and decide to look outside anyway, perhaps he is somewhere in the neighborhood. After 30 seconds I hear a MEOW. I call out for him, nothing. I call out my FOOD code word, and out comes Louie jumping out of bushes, literally. My heart jumped out of my heart. I brought him inside, reunited him with Leo, who came RUNNING to greet his lost brother...it was incredible to see see how happy Leo was to see Louie back home.

This is a different way to start the New Year.

Thought I'd share, now I can sleep.:)

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Glad you got your kitty back!!! :)

I know up here in the Sarasota area we have had increasing numbers of coyotes that have been taking peoples small pets.
    May the FORCE be with you!

So glad that there's a happy ending to the story. I got pretty worried as I was reading as know the feeling too well.

When SR and I were moving to Florida, he came first to start the new job. I was in the middle of selling the house, packing, etc. I came home and let the dogs out one night. When I wanted them to come in, I called them and only Blue was out in the fenced in yard. Darlene was no where in sight.

I panicked when she wouldn't come. I went around the side of the house and saw the gate was open. The kid who had cut the grass earlier must have let it open (couldn't see the gate from the back door).

My heart sank when I realized that Blue was trying to tell me that Darlene had run away. It was dark and she's a black dog. My knee was really bothering me, but I ran down the block calling her. My son came over and drove his car around looking for her.

I kept calling and went up the street toward a park at the end of the street, across a busy road. All of a sudden Darlene came charging out of the dark. I grabbed her collar as she was whizzing by. I didn't know whether to scold her for running away or hug her. She ended up with lots of kisses on the head. I was so glad to get her back.

So very glad that you had a good ending to your story and that all is well. BTW, how is your pup doing with the cats?
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    So glad that there's a happy ending to the story. I got pretty worried as I was reading as know the feeling too well.

When SR and I were moving to Florida, he came first to start the new job. I was in the middle of selling the house, packing, etc. I came home and let the dogs out one night. When I wanted them to come in, I called them and only Blue was out in the fenced in yard. Darlene was no where in sight.

I panicked when she wouldn't come. I went around the side of the house and saw the gate was open. The kid who had cut the grass earlier must have let it open (couldn't see the gate from the back door).

My heart sank when I realized that Blue was trying to tell me that Darlene had run away. It was dark and she's a black dog. My knee was really bothering me, but I ran down the block calling her. My son came over and drove his car around looking for her.

I kept calling and went up the street toward a park at the end of the street, across a busy road. All of a sudden Darlene came charging out of the dark. I grabbed her collar as she was whizzing by. I didn't know whether to scold her for running away or hug her. She ended up with lots of kisses on the head. I was so glad to get her back.

So very glad that you had a good ending to your story and that all is well. BTW, how is your pup doing with the cats?
    Thanks SLW....I was worried not only for my cat, but that this was going to be the start of a bad year. So glad that he stayed by the house, but he was probably scared to death to venture out as he's only been an indoor cat. I recall leaving the door open as I put my daughter in the car seat, knowing I had to run back in for my phone that I had left charging. It must've been no more than two minutes, but it was his window of opening. I never saw him sneak out.

I think I am going to rehome the puppy. Louie is okay with her, but Leo is not. She's gotten her nose scratched a few times. I feel bad that she is in the kennel for so many hours a day. I know everyone told me it wouldn't be right, but I went ahead and got the dog anyway. She is alot of work(she's a puppy) and it's just so hard with my daughter and working full time. I made a mistake. My friend can find her a home. I'm waiting to see when she does. I'd rather give her up now, as a puppy, then to hold on to her for a year.
    She's a sweet heart, but we are not the right family for her.
    It's a hard lesson learned as it's breaking my heart to think about it....but it's probably the best thing to do for her and us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Thanks SLW....I was worried not only for my cat, but that this was going to be the start of a bad year. So glad that he stayed by the house, but he was probably scared to death to venture out as he's only been an indoor cat. I recall leaving the door open as I put my daughter in the car seat, knowing I had to run back in for my phone that I had left charging. It must've been no more than two minutes, but it was his window of opening. I never saw him sneak out.

I think I am going to rehome the puppy. Louie is okay with her, but Leo is not. She's gotten her nose scratched a few times. I feel bad that she is in the kennel for so many hours a day. I know everyone told me it wouldn't be right, but I went ahead and got the dog anyway. She is alot of work(she's a puppy) and it's just so hard with my daughter and working full time. I made a mistake. My friend can find her a home. I'm waiting to see when she does. I'd rather give her up now, as a puppy, then to hold on to her for a year.
    She's a sweet heart, but we are not the right family for her.
    It's a hard lesson learned as it's breaking my heart to think about it....but it's probably the best thing to do for her and us.
    I figured it would be tough on you as you've got a lot on your plate right now. I'm glad that your friend can find her a home, just be sure it's one that will keep her, as dogs get pretty mixed up if they go from place to place. It happens a lot with greyhound adoptions. Bella wouldn't get out of the car when she first came to our house, as she had been in a foster home for over a month. She hasn't been with us quite that long.

There's another big brindle male greyhound with that adoption group that SR really liked (admit I liked him, too). But Bella stole our heart. I still worry that Gamer hasn't gotten a home yet. With things the way they are, we can't take on a third dog at this time. We'd like to be able to get away from Sarasota, but still haven't found a reliable dogsitter and it's way too crowded in the back of our small wagon for 3 large dogs.

If anyone in the Florida area knows of someone who really wants a greyhound, send me a pm and I'll give you the info on Gamer. He is a wonderful dog, a very loving and good pooch.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

The way animals interact with one another is so interesting, I am continually surprised.

My cat is twice as old as my dog. My dog grew up with the cat and continually attacks him. They get into battles royal. The screaming, biting, scratching, snarling scares me sometimes although they have never really hurt one another. I know that the cat's hind claws could rip open that pink belly, and those canine teeth could rip off an ear.

Not long ago the cat got sick. Arwen was simply BESIDE herself. She was literally trembling demanding that I do something! She was running back and forth between me and the cat. I took the cat to the vet sure that this is was going to be a last trip. It turned out to be minor. When I came back and opened the cat carrier door, it was a real love fest. Kisses upon kisses enough to scrub a cat or dog face.

Not ten minutes later they were back at it. Snarling growling, cat screams, spits.

Then they curled up together in the bed for a nap!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I figured it would be tough on you as you've got a lot on your plate right now. I'm glad that your friend can find her a home, just be sure it's one that will keep her, as dogs get pretty mixed up if they go from place to place. .
    She is one of the head adoption counselors at my local pet rescue. She is good at finding homes. She told me golden retrievers are the easiest to place because of their temperament. I'm keeping her until I know she will go to a good home.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    The way animals interact with one another is so interesting, I am continually surprised.
    My two have this thing going where the male rules the kitchen and the female rules the bedroom.
    When I'm in the kitchen, where their food and water bowls are, he is right at my feet, but she will
    not cross the line where the carpet stops and the kitchen floor starts. If she does, he tears out after
    her like he's going to eat her alive. Right the opposite in the bedroom. She lays on the bed with me
    and won't let him up there. He has to lay on the floor. He gets so viscious over the kitchen, but
    tucks his tail shaking and does whatever she says in the bedroom.

Both of my cats were never overly affectionate with each other...that's why I was so surprised to see Leo "mourning" Louie. Leo is a typical cat. He was my replacement for my old tuxedo that died. He looked EXACTLY like her so that's why I chose him. He's not a lap cat, he only comes to me for food, but I have to trap him to hold him and cut his paws....but I'm okay with it.

Louie, my recent kitten who is now adult size is EXTREMELY affectionate. A lap cat who always wants to be near me and on my lap. He comes when he's called and he listens to me.

They say cats have no personality but it's untrue...Every cat I've had was different in the way it behaved with me and with it's counterpart.

Leo is back to his old self and Louie won't even go by the door when I'm leaving for work. I think he's learned his lesson and learned that it's nicer to be at home...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Both of my cats were never overly affectionate with each other...that's why I was so surprised to see Leo "mourning" Louie. Leo is a typical cat. He was my replacement for my old tuxedo that died. He looked EXACTLY like her so that's why I chose him. He's not a lap cat, he only comes to me for food, but I have to trap him to hold him and cut his paws....but I'm okay with it.

Louie, my recent kitten who is now adult size is EXTREMELY affectionate. A lap cat who always wants to be near me and on my lap. He comes when he's called and he listens to me.

They say cats have no personality but it's untrue...Every cat I've had was different in the way it behaved with me and with it's counterpart.

Leo is back to his old self and Louie won't even go by the door when I'm leaving for work. I think he's learned his lesson and learned that it's nicer to be at home...lol.
    Maybe Louie was making inappropriate advances at Leo and that's why he ran out the door!:eek:
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg