Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You didn't answer the article with any proof other than your own ranting and opinion, but what else is new.
    It helps if you actually click the links.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    As for me I will wait for more actual research and evidence, it is to early to make up my mind but credible people are starting to ask questions.
    When people like this author just make shit up, and then ask questions about the shit that they just made up, then that is no longer defined as a "credible person."

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    American thinker isn't Coast to Coast AM or Alex Jones and the fact that you so vehemently object tells me something may be going on.
    Wow! Who knew I had so much power? Simply because I deal in fact and reality instead of some fantasized rubric about how they're coming to build The Camps™, that somehow means that the fantasy is true. I never knew I could just grant such wishes.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    I could see large scale camps being used to house people when the next financial collapse occurs, when unemployment is even higher and the foreclosure rate continues. They could be like institutionalized hoovervilles, to keep the "unproductive hordes" away from the enclaves of privilege.

    It could become an informal de-facto system of apartheid where people with almost no rights, no political power, no voice, and no social standing are kept in isolation, fully excluded from a society that they already cannot participate in. We see trends like this in places such as Brazil and Chile. It's not that far-fetched.

    It would of course be done in the name of welfare or humanitarianism, helping people by giving them a place to sleep and food to eat but of course it would also serve to keep them excluded from the society that failed them.

    or maybe not who knows
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Wow! Who knew I had so much power? Simply because I deal in fact and reality instead of some fantasized rubric about how they're coming to build The Camps™, that somehow means that the fantasy is true. I never knew I could just grant such wishes.
    I couldn't possibly have inflated your ego anymore than it already was.:eek::D
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Brought to you by the very Socialists in the DIMoRAT party who were completely disinterested in vetting this Marxist turd. The very liberals that foisted this dictator wannabe on our formerly free society. The very entitlement minded liberals who give away massive amounts of other people's money to worthless and unconstitutional programs. Brought to you in REALITY by the very people who FALSELY accused Conservatives of this very activity.:mad:

    Keep your powder dry friends.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    I could see large scale camps being used to house people when the next financial collapse occurs, when unemployment is even higher and the foreclosure rate continues. They could be like institutionalized hoovervilles, to keep the "unproductive hordes" away from the enclaves of privilege.

    It could become an informal de-facto system of apartheid where people with almost no rights, no political power, no voice, and no social standing are kept in isolation, fully excluded from a society that they already cannot participate in. We see trends like this in places such as Brazil and Chile. It's not that far-fetched.

    It would of course be done in the name of welfare or humanitarianism, helping people by giving them a place to sleep and food to eat but of course it would also serve to keep them excluded from the society that failed them.

    or maybe not who knows
    A prison built on humanitarian ideals is still a prison.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Wow! Who knew I had so much power? Simply because I deal in fact and reality instead of some fantasized rubric about how they're coming to build The Camps™, that somehow means that the fantasy is true. I never knew I could just grant such wishes.
    WTF. Are they building The Camps or not??? Shit.

    I want The Camps. I want them now. I figure the only Camp members will be hippies and other Dem dirtbags. When they knock on my door, I flash my VRWC card and they pass on by. Shit works like lamb's blood.

    And I have a paid in advance lifetime membership. That means that I receive a weekly delivery of food, beverage and ammunition (from a menu no less) while whatever catastrophe is taking place. Build Dem Camps now!!!
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    WTF. Are they building The Camps or not??? Shit.

    I want The Camps. I want them now. I figure the only Camp members will be hippies and other Dem dirtbags. When they knock on my door, I flash my VRWC card and they pass on by. Shit works like lamb's blood.

    And I have a paid in advance lifetime membership. That means that I receive a weekly delivery of food, beverage and ammunition (from a menu no less) while whatever catastrophe is taking place. Build Dem Camps now!!!
    Dem walls is being manned by Dem DIMS.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    A prison built on humanitarian ideals is still a prison.
    Amen
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Senior Member Tecate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    566
    Adam, I know this has always been one of your favorite subjects so I found this pic just for you... :D

    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Senior Member Tecate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    566
    I'm kind of disappointed that there isn't more discussion about NDAA and SOPA on this forum.

    Unfortunately, the FEMA camp part pretty much derailed the rest of it, but NDAA is very real and super-creepy by just about anyones' standards. The lies and deception that swirled around Obama actually singing it makes it even worse.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •