Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    But Nancy Reagan would have held out until they made it "Your Majesty".
    I guess you have forgotten the episode with the dishes, the First Ladies of the past were a bit more humble than you care to admit.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    But Nancy Reagan would have held out until they made it "Your Majesty".
    You're an idiot.

A dyed in the wool DU kool-aid drinking idologue.

Stupid comments like this prove it.

<---DU is that way
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I guess you have forgotten the episode with the dishes, the First Ladies of the past were a bit more humble than you care to admit.
    She hasn't forgotten...she just repeats what she's told to say.

Like a good little leftist.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    Yeah. They're not as pompous as the current First Fat Ass.
    Don't forget the pompous Annointed One. I'm still waiting for him to drown if he's standing out in a hard rain with that nose of his pointed to the sky.

Michele and Barack are indeed a well matched pair (not a compliment).
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Power CUer
    Some how I don't think either of the Bush first lady's would have agreed to the script.
    You never know what First Ladies will do.

"Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

No, I didn't forget that. I do remember the IRS audit that found that she and Ronny never paid taxes on the gifts they received from donors while he was president. They had to pay $3 million in back taxes.

There is no more evidence of Michelle Obama being all uppity than there is of Nancy Reagan feeling the same way. It's all subjective and based on how one feels about the president/husband's politics. She wants children to eat healthy diets and get more exercise, Nancy wanted them to say no to drugs. Both care about american kids having healthy lives.

You could even make a case that the War on Drugs policies implemented by the Reagan administration have eroded our constitutional freedoms much faster than policies that encourage restaurants to offer healthy alternatives to french fries have done, or even have the potential to do. "Just Say No" was the propaganda wing of the WOD. Now, pretty much every employed adult has to submit urine samples to their employer on a regular basis, and a good number of high school students are required to do the same. The government can confiscate money and property from someone who is accused of drug crimes before that person is even convicted of a crime, thus subverting due process. The government pays television networks to incorporate anti-drug messages in their shows, an unnecessary spenditure at the least and a crossover into censorship at the most.

Power CUer
    She sang "Second Hand Rose" at the Gridiron Dinner in 1982, in response to the criticism on her fashion sense and buying all new china for the White House (privately funded, by the way).

"Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    (privately funded, by the way).

My point exactly, thank you.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    She sang "Second Hand Rose" at the Gridiron Dinner in 1982, in response to the criticism on her fashion sense and buying all new china for the White House (privately funded, by the way).

You do realize that every new president gets their own set of China, right? BTW, your hero Bill Clinton's China was stolen by his staff. This probably happened with the band of hicks Carter routinely had in the WH.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You do realize that every new president gets their own set of China, right? BTW, your hero Bill Clinton's China was stolen by his staff. This probably happened with the band of hicks Carter routinely had in the WH.
    This is not true. The full set of Reagan china was the first purchase of an entire service since the Johnson administration. Before that, the last entire service was from the Truman administration. You can get a full list of services and when they were added to/augmented from Wikipedia.
    Easily the most fabulous set of China was introduced during the Hayes administration. Lucy Hayes chose "flora and fauna of America" as the theme, and Limoges designed a gorgeous service. Here's a serving platter:

An oyster plate (obviously):

Two dinner plates:

Limoges did a fantastic job. (My own formal china is Limoges [Haviland], so I'm prejudiced). The Wilson china was the first to be produced in America, and since then Lenox, Castleton, or Pickard have produced all of the White House services.