1. #1 WSJ: Kodak Preparing for Bankruptcy 
    Eastman Kodak Co. is preparing for bankruptcy in the “coming weeks” in case efforts to sell its patents fall through, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.

The photography and imaging equipment company has long struggled with revamping itself as a technology company amid advancements in digital cameras and photo sharing. Shares of Kodak have closed under $1 for 30 consecutive trading days, the Journal reported. ...
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business...or-bankruptcy/

I hate digital cameras. I wish I still had my mom's old Kodak Brownie camera. I used it when I was about 11 years old, and it was from the 40s or 50s. It still took good photos at that point.

I like film photos, although digital is convenient for internet posting and emails.

What a shame.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Sign of the times unfortunately. If you can't keep up, your gonna fall off into obscurity.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Sign of the times unfortunately. If you can't keep up, your gonna fall off into obscurity.
    I know. I just read some history on Kodak and I admired the founder. Too bad they didn't grasp a few concepts like timely and suitable change and innovation, and decentralization of decision making.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand