Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 These motherf*ckers!!! I'm not a violent person... 
    link

one_voice (4,728 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

View profile

These motherf*ckers!!! I'm not a violent person...

Last edited Wed Jan 4, 2012, 08:56 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    or an advocate of violence..but damn these people (I use that term loosely) push my limits....

Tennessee Conservatives Seek Protections For Religious Bullies

The Family Action Council of Tennessee (FACT) is using the suicide of Jacob Rogers — who was bullied relentlessly for being gay — to promote state legislation that would protect bullies who harass other students for their sexual orientation. The “license to bully” bill, HB 1153, was actually introduced last year, but FACT is hoping it will make headway in this new legislative session. Mirroring similar language that was recently proposed in Michigan, the bill creates specific protections for students who share any “religious, philosophical, or political views” that are “unpopular,” regardless of their consequences to the learning environment:

“Creating a hostile educational environment” shall not be construed to include discomfort and unpleasantness that can accompany the expression of a viewpoint or belief that is unpopular, not shared by other students, or not shared by teachers or school officials.

The policy shall not be construed or interpreted to infringe upon the First Amendment rights of students and shall not prohibit their expression of religious, philosophical, or political views; provided, that such expression does not include a threat of physical harm to a student or damage to a student’s property.

The bill is unabashedly designed to ensure that anti-LGBT bullying persists in the school system, as it specifically eliminates any protections or education that might help curb such harassment:

Harassment, intimidation, or bullying prevention task forces, programs, and other initiatives formed by school districts, including any curriculum adopted for such purposes, shall not include materials or training that explicitly or implicitly promote a political agenda, make the characteristics of the victim the focus rather than the conduct of the person engaged in harassment, intimidation, or bullying, or teach or suggest that certain beliefs or viewpoints are discriminatory when an act or practice based on such belief or viewpoint is not a discriminatory practice as defined in 4-21-102(4).

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/0...gious-bullies/
    Star Member neverforget (5,329 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    3. What a horrible human being.
    Star Member MichiganVote (16,736 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    4. Our delusional Michigan legislature tried this too. Discrimination dies hard my children.
    Dawson Leery (4,680 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    5. Certainly remenicant of Jim Crow.

The old south lives.
    Star Member WillyT (36,503 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    6. I Was Just Gonna Post Something Similar... GMTA !!!

Tennessee Bill Would Give Anti-Bullying Laws A ‘Religious And Political Beliefs’ Loophole

Link: http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmem..._religious.php

These idiots who claim to LOVE the Constitution so much... apparently have no idea what it says.
    I think they do....you know.....it does say something about freedom of speech.

Star Member Initech (29,511 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    10. WTF!! These idiots are no better than the Taliban sometimes.
    It's the Taliban that prohibits people from voicing their beliefs if it isn't doesn't agree with Taliban accepted beliefs................kind of like liberals are doing here.

There you have it. Liberals want to make saying "I don't agree with same sex marriage" and "I believe homosexuality is wrong" be labeled and punished as "bullying".

In other words they want to make sure a student can only say what the liberals agree with.
    Last edited by Carol; 01-05-2012 at 10:22 AM.

“Creating a hostile educational environment” shall not be construed to include discomfort and unpleasantness that can accompany the expression of a viewpoint or belief that is unpopular, not shared by other students, or not shared by teachers or school officials.

Too funny.

Hey, teach! My religion says you're an asshole so fuck you!

Attempting to legislate bullying toward its demise says more about the legislator's opinion of themselves than it does about their sympathy with the bullied individual.:mad:

Has anyone seen those liberal promoted commercials encouraging kids to bully overweight children?

What makes gays more special?

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post

Too funny.

Hey, teach! My religion says you're an asshole so fuck you!
    Well what do you think about biology teachers teaching the evolutionary origin of life to the religious types who don't believe in that.

Would it be any less hostile than the other way around?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

My God, this just the Fairness Doctrime, and the only difference that they are now shoving down the throats of kids instead.

We don't need no education!
    We don't need No Thought control!
    No dark sarcamism in the class room!
    Hey Teacher!
    Leave those kids alone!

- Pink Floyd, The Wall.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

As usual, the idiots missed this part:

provided, that such expression does not include a threat of physical harm to a student or damage to a student’s property.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    As usual, the idiots missed this part:

provided, that such expression does not include a threat of physical harm to a student or damage to a student’s property.
    They seem to have a habit of doing that ... like when they kinda of skip over the Bill Of Rights because it gets in the way of their " Utopian Vision "
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    Has anyone seen those liberal promoted commercials encouraging kids to bully overweight children?

What makes gays more special?
    I don't get TV, got any you tube?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

The Michigan anti-bully law is a good one. A bully or a group of bullies who harrass gay kids will be punished. So will a bunch of gay kids who harrass christians, or jocks who harrass nerds.

Our Governor gave a great speech when he signed it, as his campaign theme was "We Need A Nerd". He stated that he had been bullied for being a nerd when he was a kid.

The nerd is growing on me, too. He's proving himself to be a good governor, and a good employer.