1. #1 Sen. Inhofe Reacts to Obama's military strategy plans 
    By Chris Davis

WASHINGTON, D.C. ó

U.S. Sen. Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma is reacting to President Obama's proposed changes in the nation's military strategy.

In a news release today, Inhofe said the plan "further decimates a military already stretched thin and working with old equipment while threatening our nationís security."

Just days ago the Senator told us he believes Obama's priorities are wrong.

"I think what we need to do is prioritize. The problem we're having is in our form of government, it's the president who draws these priorities," he said.

Inhofe said Monday that the president's past three budgets prove he is weak on military spending, which the Senator, a senior member of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC), says is a real problem in the face of threats the nation is facing.

He pointed out that some 40 attacks against the U.S. have been foiled since 9/11.

In hofe said cuts in the 90s under the Clinton administration have already weakened the military, making the need for a military budget increase, rather than a downward adjustment, even more necessary.

"We're not gonna get it with this administration. That's one of the main things we're gonna be watching in this election coming up," he told us Monday.

He says rebuilding the national component of the military would save wear and tear on the reserves, which are being deployed time and again from Oklahoma and other states.

Thursday's news release reads:

President Obamaís new defense strategy further decimates a military already stretched thin and working with old equipment while threatening our nationís security. Under this new strategy, the United States government will shift its focus primarily to Asia at the detriment of other problem areas around the world. It is extremely important for our national defense strategy to have a balanced approach that is capable and ready to fight a broad spectrum of threats simultaneously. The Presidentís new strategy threatens that balance as well as training, readiness, and equipment.

"While the Pentagon is doing the best they can with what this President has given them, this shift in strategy and reduction in land forces in the Army and Marines will force an even heavier reliance on an overworked National Guard. The Presidentís choice to abandon the current strategy is a dangerous shift. We must not lose focus on threats like Iran and North Korea as well as problem areas like Syria, Egypt, Somalia, Yemen, Sudan, Pakistan, Mexico, Libya, and others. This is far worse than the draw down our nation experienced prior to the Reagan administration and again during the Clinton administration. Without force structure and resources needed to modernize our weapon systems, our Armed Forces will not be able to deter future attacks and prevent other countries from initiating conflict. President Obama has put our national defense on the chopping block in order to fund his radically liberal social programs and ideology. This is entirely irresponsible and unacceptable. Our men and women in uniform deserve and expect better.
    http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/...y-plans/nGGWZ/
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I don't think Romney has any greater grasp on this subject than Obama, personally. From a 'Fiscal Conservative' (cough - his self-description) business executive's point of view, all the DOD represents is a marketing opportunity.

I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it.

obama was selected to bring down this country. Everything, in my opinion, he and the dems have done has pointed that way. Who's pulling his strings, I'll leave to others to figure out.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it.

obama was selected to bring down this country. Everything, in my opinion, he and the dems have done has pointed that way. Who's pulling his strings, I'll leave to others to figure out.
    I haven't seen anything in the last three years that refutes this.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    obama was selected to bring down this country. Everything, in my opinion, he and the dems have done has pointed that way.
    I don't think it's nearly that "Manchurian Candidate". I think he honestly believes he's doing what's right for the country - and that's alarming in itself.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I don't think it's nearly that "Manchurian Candidate". I think he honestly believes he's doing what's right for the country - and that's alarming in itself.
    Mao thought the same thing.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Mao thought the same thing.
    And that's what I mean by "that's alarming in itself".
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken