Thread: Again DU uses bias reporting to support thier argument

1. #1 Again DU uses bias reporting to support thier argument 
    Let's see: John Mc Cain's advertisement is a lie because MSNBC said it was a lie.... LOL my head is spinning from this line of logic... this is the same MSNBC that had to pull two of it's anchors this week because of bias.... You know I just can't continue the logic is just so perverse that anyone that buys it must be an idiot

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=132x7054912

Everyone also knows that if we used Fox news as proof that Obama was lying ( Which is actually every word the man speaks ) they would blow that off as nonsense.... or if we used O'Reilly as proof the noise from DU would be deafening.... but they are who they are
    Last edited by Cseeman; 09-13-2008 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cseeman View Post
    Let's see: John Mc Cain's advertisement is a lie because MSNBC said it was a lie.... LOL my head is spinning from this line of logic... this is the same MSNBC that had to pull two of it's anchors this week because of bias.... You know I just can't continue the logic is just so perverse that anyone that buys it must be an idiot

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=132x7054912

Everyone also knows that if we used Fox news as proof that Obama was lying ( Which is actually every word the man speaks ) they would blow that off as nonsense.... or if we used O'Reilly as proof the noise from DU would be deafening.... but they are who they are
    To be fair, it's more then just MSNBC. However some of the "facts" are just wrong.

For instance, the oil price claim:

More money is flowing into oil (raising the price of oil). The reason all that extra money is entering oil is that investors see the underlying supply/demand issues and believe they will make a lot of money.

Over the past month or so, Bush lifted the executive order, democrats have become open to domestic drilling, voters are overwhelmingly open to domestic drililng.

Just the belief that more oil would be entereing the markets dropped the per barrel price by about $40.00
    Oil prices dropped, primarily, due to the greater possibility that more oil would be entering the market. this occured long before 2030 as claimed in that clip.

Yes, I know flattening world-wide demand due to slowing economies also played a part - but that is still due to underlying supply/demand issues.
    Last edited by buck; 09-13-2008 at 01:49 PM.

Buck:

Beleive me when i tell you this... YOU DO NOT WANT TO ARGUE ECONOMICS WITH ME

I watch a lot of political analysis on TV with pundits I trust and those i don't. I watched something recently and one of the good guys talked about the word "lie". He said you should never use it against your opponent because it almost always backfired.

that is the meme that DU is running with. Let's see if my "good guy" knew what he was talking about.

( I even mentioned this here when it happened but I cannot recall who said it)

Super Moderator Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Buck:

What prompted that??
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Buck:

You don't believe more money entered the oil future market as investors saw an opportunity to make "big money" due to supply/demand issues?

Or

You don't believe that lots of money left the futures market as investors began to see a possibility that more oil may be entering the market?

There are, of course, other contributing reasons as to why oil fell, but that, IMO, is the biggest.
    Last edited by buck; 09-14-2008 at 12:56 PM.