Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Student's Yearbook Photo Deemed Too Racy, Banned 
    Yahoo news linky
    A Colorado teenager whose yearbook picture was rejected for being too revealing is vowing to fight the ban with her high school’s administration, but the editors of the yearbook insist it was their decision alone on the photo.

The five student editors of the Durango High School yearbook in Durango, Col., told the Durango Herald they were the ones who made the call not to publish a picture of senior Sydney Spies posing in a short yellow skirt midriff and shoulder-exposing black shawl as her senior portrait.

“We are an award-winning yearbook. We don’t want to diminish the quality with something that can be seen as unprofessional,” student Brian Jaramillo told the paper on Thursday.

Spies was joined by her mother, Miki Spies, and a handful of fellow Durango High students and alumni in a protest outside the school Wednesday after, she said, administrators informed her the photo would not be permitted because it violated dress code.

“I feel like they aren’t allowing me to have my freedom of expression,” Spies told the Herald. ”I think the administration is wrong in this situation, and I don’t want this to happen to other people.”

snip...
    I love the "they aren't allowing me to have my freedom of expression" proof of cluelessness about how rights are supposed to work. Nobody said she couldn't take the picture, Yahoo put it in the story, giving her more exposure for her expression than her yearbook ever would have, and nobody is stopping her from displaying the picture anywhere else. The school gives several reasons why they don't want it in the yearbook, merely removing one place for the pic to be displayed, as opposed to say, confiscating all copies of it, burning the negatives, and throwing her in jail for lewd and lascivious acts. These are the people who will be voting for, making and enforcing laws in the near future. Be afraid, be very afraid.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

I agree.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

I loaded the page, but didn't see a pic. Anyone else see it?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    A very lovely girl.:)
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Try this clicky...

And if you GOOGLE images, you'll find more here, and here.

You can see where her career is going......
    Last edited by marv; 01-08-2012 at 02:10 PM.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Try this clicky...
    Ahh... yeah I can see the reason for the call.

No sympathy from me on this, I'm sure she had plenty of other options that were much better and she would have looked just as good in. I think this was about causing a stir more then anything else.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Ahh... yeah I can see the reason for the call.

No sympathy from me on this, I'm sure she had plenty of other options that were much better and she would have looked just as good in. I think this was about causing a stir more then anything else.
    Her problem is, she's good looking and she KNOWS it... She wants everyone to know it. I can't stand women like that
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

I dont have a problem with the picture, she could use it on her resume for when she gets her job as a stripper.

Just another cookie cutter blonde. Yes she's pretty but so are a million or so other girls who looks like her.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

She would be nice to have around to tidy things up, she could where a little maids uniform, if she is 18 of course.:)
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg