Thread: NFL Playoffs

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 60
  1. #11  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,654
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeKwonDo View Post
    It was a great finish too...
    New OT rules but they ended up not mattering because it took 1 80 yard play to end it. All wild cards are now out. First time that happened since 2006. I see all the home teams winning next week as well with the possible exception of the Saints beating SF.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Resident Grandpa marv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    3,048
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    New OT rules but they ended up not mattering because it took 1 80 yard play to end it.
    The new OT rules were supposed to eliminate the one-posession OT wins. Hah! They read like something made up by some Congressional sub-committee.

    Growing up in Kansas City, I'm a Chiefs fan and hated teams like the Raiders and Broncos. But since Tebow, I've made room in my atheist heart for someone with class and who wears his heart on his sleeve. Who could forget that shot where, after an opposing team's defensive player got hurt, Tebow went over to him to see if he was okay..........my kinda guy!

    Still, I don't think they'll make it past the Pats - but I've been wrong before....:D

    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

    THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,173
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Oh yeah congrats on the college thing! :D
    It's not over yet.

    You almost put the kibosh on the Broncos, don't put it on me too.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,173
    Tebow wore "John 3:16" on his eye black in the 2009 BCS Championship game. The NFL does not allow that.
    On Sunday vs the Steelers:

    Tebow threw for 316 yards.
    He averaged 31.6 yards per pass.
    And the end of the game had a TV rating of 31.6

    link

    The Steelers time of possession for the game was 31 mins 6 seconds. But since it didn't help them we must conclude that they are satanists.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,654
    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    The new OT rules were supposed to eliminate the one-posession OT wins. Hah! They read like something made up by some Congressional sub-committee.

    Growing up in Kansas City, I'm a Chiefs fan and hated teams like the Raiders and Broncos. But since Tebow, I've made room in my atheist heart for someone with class and who wears his heart on his sleeve. Who could forget that shot where, after an opposing team's defensive player got hurt, Tebow went over to him to see if he was okay..........my kinda guy!

    Still, I don't think they'll make it past the Pats - but I've been wrong before....:D
    To be honest, I hate the new rules. Why have a different set of rules for the regular season and the playoffs? Now Hockey does it right. During the season, if the game ends in a tie after regulation, they play a 5 minutes 4 on 4 sudden death and if no one scores, they go to a shootout. In the playoffs, they just play extra periods until someone scores. This is just a tweek of the rules, not a complete rewrite. I say what the NFL needs to do is adopt the Arena Football League's overtime rules and what they are is quite simple. Both teams get a shot to score(FG, TD). Defensive scores ends the game. If the game is still tied after each possession then it goes to sudden death.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    The new OT rules were supposed to eliminate the one-posession OT wins. Hah! They read like something made up by some Congressional sub-committee.

    Growing up in Kansas City, I'm a Chiefs fan and hated teams like the Raiders and Broncos. But since Tebow, I've made room in my atheist heart for someone with class and who wears his heart on his sleeve. Who could forget that shot where, after an opposing team's defensive player got hurt, Tebow went over to him to see if he was okay..........my kinda guy!

    Still, I don't think they'll make it past the Pats - but I've been wrong before....:D
    I'm a life long Viking fan Marv and despised (KC, Oakland, Denver) all three for a long time but have long since gotten over it.

    On the OT rules, they were designed to prevent the cheap field goal - touchdown is a different story
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,173
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Oh yeah congrats on the college thing! :D
    Dude, you owe me a championship. I am now the 2010 Baseball Champ. I'm taking it from you.
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Resident Grandpa marv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    3,048
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeKwonDo View Post
    On the OT rules, they were designed to prevent the cheap field goal - touchdown is a different story
    If you want to eliminate the cheap fieldgoal, simply prohibit it in OT.

    I still like the old sudden death by any means; a field goal is still a score. Two fifteen minute OT quarters, and if still tied, it's a tie game for pre-season and regular season. Playoffs and Super Bowl games are played to a win.

    I froze my butt off in the upper stands at the old Municipal Stadium for that 1971 Christmas Day double overtime playoff game between KC and Miami, 82 minutes, 40 seconds! We lost, but I got my money's worth. It still stands as the longest NFL game.

    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

    THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    13,094
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    On Sunday vs the Steelers:

    Tebow threw for 316 yards.
    He averaged 31.6 yards per pass.
    And the end of the game had a TV rating of 31.6

    link

    The Steelers time of possession for the game was 31 mins 6 seconds. But since it didn't help them we must conclude that they are satanists.
    I find the 3:16 numbers to be hilarious, and proof that God has a sense of humor.


    I don't have a problem with Tebow. I don't understand those who do. He is grateful to God for his successes. The Bible says to give thanks in all circumstances.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Member Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tiny Redneck town in Texas
    Posts
    2,054
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I find the 3:16 numbers to be hilarious, and proof that God has a sense of humor.


    I don't have a problem with Tebow. I don't understand those who do. He is grateful to God for his successes. The Bible says to give thanks in all circumstances.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHB0o9lCizQ
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

    It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •