1. #1 Why Isn't The Right Screaming "Fraud" Over Iowa Caucuses 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    This is so fucking stupid...I'm stunned. :eek:

I mean even for DU...the amount of "Teh Stupid" is beyond belief!!!

Sat Jan 7, 2012, 10:30 AM
    NNN0LHI

Why Isn't The Right Screaming "Fraud" Over Iowa Caucuses?

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201201050013

January 05, 2012 2:16 pm ET by Matt Gertz

Let me begin by being perfectly clear: I have absolutely no reason to think any election fraud occurred in the GOP's Iowa caucuses on Tuesday. But if Democrats had been in any way involved, you can bet that Republicans would be screaming to the heavens about a possibly stolen election.

Before, during, and after virtually every competitive election, the right-wing media wail about how Democrats are on the verge of stealing elections through fraud. This has been going on for years, despite significant evidence that actual voter fraud is extremely rare. Conservatives have used this voter fraud myth to push for a variety of draconian restrictions on voting, which have the effect of disenfranchising traditionally Democratic voters such as young people, the poor, and minorities.

When Democrat-backed JoAnne Kloppenburg emerged from Wisconsin's Supreme Court election with a small lead last year, conservatives were quick to claim the election was within the "margin of fraud" and cite baseless allegations. The same thing happened when close elections favored Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) in 2008 and Washington Gov. Christine Gregoire (D). And then there's their endless allegations that Democrats or ACORN were about to steal an election.

Which brings us to Tuesday, when Mitt Romney won the Iowa caucus by a mere eight votes out of 60,022 cast, a margin so slim that even a handful of fraudulent votes could have tipped the balance. There will be no recount. And the Iowa GOP requires no photo ID from would-be caucusers; indeed, you could participate with no documentation if you and a registered voter from the precinct would both sign an oath swearing you are qualified.

These fools just still surprise me, from time to time...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

That whole thread burned me with teh stupid...:(
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

So. There is no evidence of fraud. No conservative (that I have heard) is complaining of fraud.

But because the election is close.........we're supposed to be screaming about fraud and demanding recounts.

We're supposed to act like the looney left and demand recounts for no reason at all......kind of like gregoir and Franken gaming the system so they could cheat and win.

Oh. And it's a PRIMARY, not the final election.

It's like they have to search and search and then finally come to a convoluted conclusion for a convoluted charge because they hate conservatives more that anything else in the world.

IIRC, weren't ACORN officials indicted - and convicted? Weren't boxes of Dem votes for Franken mysteriously "discovered" in the trunk of a car?

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

A. No evidence of fraud; and

B. It's not 'Winner take all,' so being the tallest midget in the room doesn't matter in any concrete way.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post

B. It's not 'Winner take all,' so being the tallest midget in the room doesn't matter in any concrete way.
    Additionally, the Iowa GOP stated before they even started meeting on Tuesday that there would be no recounts regardless of the final tallies.

Power CUer
    Caucuses operate very differently from primary elections. It's a consensus operation with a lot of local horsetrading, and personalities can sway groups one way or another. Intimidation, not fraud, would be the most important issue in a caucus. And I seem to remember that Barry had a bunch of young men at the 2008 Iowa caucuses physically intimidating middle-aged and older female voters for Hillary, but I digress. :) At any rate, there's no real electoral prize at the end of the Iowa caucus other than bragging rights. No one takes away any delegates from caucuses, so it's largely a popularity contest, or, at best, a bellwether.

Perhaps the reason that fraud doesn't permeate the Republican primaries is that Democrats don't permeate the primaries. More Democrats = more fraud.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post

You forgot C.....

C. We on the right are not the drama queens and 2 year olds throwing a temper tantrum like you DUmmys when we do not get the results we want.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf