Thread: Emotional movies.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Power CUer
    It's a joke. I didn't mean to make you cry again.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Pursuit of Happyness. Everything the man put into and endured trying to make a better life for his kid, the scene where the son drops his Captain America, the only toy he had through all this stuff, sleeping in the subway bathroom while security beats on the door.... all makes me very thankful for my blessings and realize that we haven't ever had it near that hard.
    Cool Runnings. Weird choice, but the team carrying the sled over the finish line is very inspiring, even if it's a huge exaggeration. "Ya dead mon?" "No mon, I'm not dead."
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

That wasn't security beating the door. It was some homeless guy. But I agree with you on the movie. Not once did he ask for a handout and he became a self made man. He also has a cameo at the end of the movie.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    You should have seen it coming. ;)
    Is that legit?

It's simultaneously mean and hilarious. :p
    Be Not Afraid.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Is that legit?

It's simultaneously mean and hilarious. :p
    It's a pretty famous picture - even "demotivational" posters have been made out of it. :p
    http://verydemotivational.memebase.c...sters-spoiler/
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    It's a pretty famous picture - even "demotivational" posters have been made out of it.
    Did Cujo die? I didn't see it all the way to the end.
    Be Not Afraid.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Did Cujo die? I didn't see it all the way to the end.
    Yup. In that case, it was a HAPPY ending.

This entire thread makes me shed a tear.

:p
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 01-11-2012 at 12:53 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HznOyrzJMN0

Yes I know it's alexandra pelosi , but still. This documentary contains almost no narration and very little of Alexandra's voice at all. It's almost 100% in the words of the children and parents of homeless familes living in motels.

I've lived on the edge when I was a child, grew up around people living on the edge, and as an adult I've worked with people living right on the edge and it breaks my heart to see these kids, in their own words, expressing the struggles of millions of people.

I got choked up watching this documentary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The Wrestler-I need to clarify this. I'm a big wrestling fan and from what I've seen in reading books and heard in listening to wrestlers talk about life in the business, this movie tells the story about the business very well. Sad to see a guy who was at one time on top of the world relegated to living in a trailer park and working in bingo halls and armories. This is the side of the business most people don't know about. Mick Foley said that this movie hit the nail right on the head. Watch the documentary Beyond the Mat and the segment on Jake Roberts and you'll see where they got the idea for this movie.
    This movie was extremely touching. The relationship between the main character and his daughter, and the way he gives himself away in the ring was incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.