Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 My ten year old: "Ever since Obama was elected, the Republicans have been more racist 
    link

powergirl (1,980 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

My ten year old: "Ever since Obama was elected, the Republicans have been more racist than usual."

Last edited Sat Jan 7, 2012, 10:33 PM USA/ET - Edit history (3)
    My son is watching the Republican debates with me and he just made this spontaneous observation. Truth from the mouth of babes.
    Ohhhh.....smart kid............he/she knows how to mimic mom and the moonbats mom hangs around with.
    powergirl (1,980 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    9. Sorry - the Republican debate has got me all in a dither

View profile
    Hard to type while listening to freaks and hate speech. Thanks for letting me know!
    Someone has her number.
    Star Member Quantess (18,602 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    15. Sounds like your son learned that somewhere!

From you, for example.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Such a shame to see a child corrupted like this.

Assuming it ever happened...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Racist racist, conservatives are racist to the core racist racist racist.
    Michele has an enormous butt by the way!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post

Assuming it ever happened...:D
    EXACTLY! :D

:bounce:
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Liar!
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Racist Democrats vs. Colorblind Republicans
    by John Hawkins

Sadly, Democrats have managed to trick a lot of black Americans into believing that the GOP is a racist party. But, in truth, the Democratic Party was, is, and will likely continue to be the home of far more racists than the GOP. Let me explain why I say that.

To begin with, the Republican Party was founded by anti-slavery activists, in contrast to the pro-slavery Democratic Party. It was Abe Lincoln, a Republican President, who led the North to victory in the Civil War and freed the slaves while the Democrats did everything in their power to keep black Americans down.

Fast forward to 1898 in Wilmington, N.C., where Democrats murdered black Republicans so they could stage, "the nation's only recorded coup d'etat." Then, in 1922, Democrats in the Senate filibustered a Republican attempt to make lynching a federal crime. A little later on, FDR nominated former Klansman Hugo Black to the Supreme Court. Contrast that to Republican President Dwight Eisenhower, who actually "sent troops" to ensure that schools in Little Rock, Ark., were desegregated and ordered the "complete desegregation of the Armed Forces." Noticing any trends?

But, that was such a long time ago, right? Things really changed in the '60s, didn't they? Yes, Americans -- particularly black Americans -- really owe Democratic President Lyndon Johnson a debt of gratitude for destroying American families and causing the number of illegitimate births to skyrocket -- by pushing entitlement programs that made it much easier to have children out of wedlock.

Remember George "segregation now, segregation tomorrow and segregation forever" Wallace standing in the door of an Alabama schoolhouse to keep black children from being able to go to school with whites? George Wallace was a Democrat. Remember Bull Connor​ turning water hoses and dogs on civil rights protestors? Bull Connor was a Democrat.

But, what about the revolutionary Civil Rights Act of 1964​? That's where the Democrats showed their mettle and Republicans were proven to be racists. Right? Wrong. 82% of Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 versus only 64% of Democrats. Furthermore, a few years later, it was Republican Richard Nixon who first put teeth behind affirmative action.

But, what about today? You'd think that with Democrats receiving upwards of 90% of the black vote in some cases, that there would be few, if any, prominent black Republicans while black Americans would be amongst the biggest power players in the Democratic Party. However, the opposite has often turned out to be true. Once you look past the gerrymandered districts that have to remain in place because so many liberal whites simply won't vote for black candidates (There are only five black Democrats in the House representing majority white districts), you'll see that the Republican Party has surpassed the Democrats in many areas.

(more at link above)

The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

So the ten year old is comparing racism between now and when he/she was seven? Come on now.

Fabulous Poster
    My anger towards Democrats in general and "progressives" in particular can't be pegged on a single issue or subset of the political set. It was a while rising but has been triggered by immigration, the Kennedy's stabbing Hilary Clinton in the back, the MSNBC/NPR/etc crowd thrwoing HIllary Clinton under the bus, the failure of the Democrats to achieve Single Payer healthcare, etc....

But I was in the Publix parking lot one evening when a daddy and his 9 year old daughter were walking to their car. Daughter was telling Daddy , ".... and he's (a classmate of hers) a Republican.... he doesn't even believe in Global Warming." Daddy was oddly silent, so either he simply didn't care what Daughter was babbling about because his objective was to get home with the groceries, or he hadn't been the one who inculcated her on Global Warming but wasn't going to challenge the one who did.

I used to go to a bar to play trivia on Wednesday nights. We had regular teams who would eat dinner together and then play the game against other groups. I routinely sat next to the husband of my niece's then school teacher. I could tell after a few weeks that his relationship with his wife was somewhat like Dharma's dad and her mom. The vegetarian "progressive" patchouli whole wheat bamboo cloth tee shirt old hippie thing was pretty much the wife's expression. He liked my bad jokes and ill tempered commentary on politics. She took offense when I mocked her, I just don't understand sensitive people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Racist Democrats vs. Colorblind Republicans
    by John Hawkins

Sadly, Democrats have managed to trick a lot of black Americans into believing that the GOP is a racist party. But, in truth, the Democratic Party was, is, and will likely continue to be the home of far more racists than the GOP. Let me explain why I say that.

To begin with, the Republican Party was founded by anti-slavery activists, in contrast to the pro-slavery Democratic Party. It was Abe Lincoln, a Republican President, who led the North to victory in the Civil War and freed the slaves while the Democrats did everything in their power to keep black Americans down.

Fast forward to 1898 in Wilmington, N.C., where Democrats murdered black Republicans so they could stage, "the nation's only recorded coup d'etat." Then, in 1922, Democrats in the Senate filibustered a Republican attempt to make lynching a federal crime. A little later on, FDR nominated former Klansman Hugo Black to the Supreme Court. Contrast that to Republican President Dwight Eisenhower, who actually "sent troops" to ensure that schools in Little Rock, Ark., were desegregated and ordered the "complete desegregation of the Armed Forces." Noticing any trends?

But, that was such a long time ago, right? Things really changed in the '60s, didn't they? Yes, Americans -- particularly black Americans -- really owe Democratic President Lyndon Johnson a debt of gratitude for destroying American families and causing the number of illegitimate births to skyrocket -- by pushing entitlement programs that made it much easier to have children out of wedlock.

Remember George "segregation now, segregation tomorrow and segregation forever" Wallace standing in the door of an Alabama schoolhouse to keep black children from being able to go to school with whites? George Wallace was a Democrat. Remember Bull Connor​ turning water hoses and dogs on civil rights protestors? Bull Connor was a Democrat.

But, what about the revolutionary Civil Rights Act of 1964​? That's where the Democrats showed their mettle and Republicans were proven to be racists. Right? Wrong. 82% of Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 versus only 64% of Democrats. Furthermore, a few years later, it was Republican Richard Nixon who first put teeth behind affirmative action.

But, what about today? You'd think that with Democrats receiving upwards of 90% of the black vote in some cases, that there would be few, if any, prominent black Republicans while black Americans would be amongst the biggest power players in the Democratic Party. However, the opposite has often turned out to be true. Once you look past the gerrymandered districts that have to remain in place because so many liberal whites simply won't vote for black candidates (There are only five black Democrats in the House representing majority white districts), you'll see that the Republican Party has surpassed the Democrats in many areas.

(more at link above)

The reason for this is easy. When you steal from Peter to pay Paul, you will always have the support of Paul.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.