Thread: How Yoga Can Wreck Your Body

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    That kilt is actually a weapon. The sight of someone threatening you while wearing a skirt will drive most people to floor-pounding hysterics. Those people are then easily defeated.:)
    it worked for the Scotts didnt it? ;)

its ok. Im used to the tired old meat head comments.
    Its funny that one of the guys I train used to say those same things but I got him into throwing heavy blunt objects and training hard. He put on a few slabs of muscle and now people are calling him a meat head lol

I take it as a badge of honor. jealousy is ugly beast isnt it? ;)
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    That kilt is actually a weapon. The sight of someone threatening you while wearing a skirt will drive most people to floor-pounding hysterics. Those people are then easily defeated.:)
    Actually, the reasoning behind the kilt is that sheep can hear a zipper from 20 meters away.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein

I need to get back into yoga....I need to find a studio that practices Brikam Yoga...aka HOT yoga. I never felt better after one of those classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I need to get back into yoga....I need to find a studio that practices Brikam Yoga...aka HOT yoga. I never felt better after one of those classes.
    I want to try that! I've heard nothing but good things about it.
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    I want to try that! I've heard nothing but good things about it.
    The heated room actually relaxes your muscles so you have virtually no pain or stiffness afterwards. The cool down feels so good too when the bring the temperature down to 85 from 95...lol..
    You will sweat, so bring a towel and a large bottle of water. I've been exercising nearly all my life and have done aerobics, step and difficult group classes. Hot Yoga was the best, hands down....and you will Lose a lot of weight if you do it consistently.

My daughter is now 2 1/2 and I pretty much stopped exercising after I brought her home...other than some swimming. I'm going to join a gym soon and get back on track. If my local Bikram had childcare I would go, but they don't. Maybe when my daughter starts pre-school, I will get back into it.

12:33p
    It is now 110 degrees and 95% humidity. I am now balancing on one leg with the other leg crossed over the other. My arms are intertwined and I am squatting. The last time I was in this position was 44 years ago in the womb, but I'm in this for the long haul. My wife looks slightly weathered dripping sweat and her eyeliner is streaming down her face. Well, "for better or worse" is what we committed to so we press on.

Yoga mat for sale. Used once. - $1

Yoga classes are amazing. When I was single, I attended them weekly :D

Quote Originally Posted by Artois View Post
    Yoga classes are amazing. When I was single, I attended them weekly :D
    You wretched, wicked man. Avert your gaze.:D
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    it worked for the Scotts didnt it? ;)

its ok. Im used to the tired old meat head comments.
    Its funny that one of the guys I train used to say those same things but I got him into throwing heavy blunt objects and training hard. He put on a few slabs of muscle and now people are calling him a meat head lol

I take it as a badge of honor. jealousy is ugly beast isnt it? ;)
    did it? seem to recall they got their asses handed to them by the Brits on several occasions :D
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    did it? seem to recall they got their asses handed to them by the Brits on several occasions :D
    Yeah, but the Brits used knives and stuff! If they had been armed properly with tractor tires and cement blocks, the Scots woulda sent 'em packin'.:D:D