Thread: Babies Are Sick

1. #1 Babies Are Sick 
    Actually the whole house is sick but this is my first go round with sick infants. Took them both to the emergency room the other night and they both have respiratory infections and ear infections. Boy is 9 months and baby girl is 6 weeks so we're on pins and needles. Hospital doctor gave them scrips for amoxicillin and we have follow up appointments for both babies Wednesday with the pediatrician. They're not big fans of me right now because I have the snot sucking detail(yuck). Anyhoo, any advice aside from going to the doctors?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Actually the whole house is sick but this is my first go round with sick infants. Took them both to the emergency room the other night and they both have respiratory infections and ear infections. Boy is 9 months and baby girl is 6 weeks so we're on pins and needles. Hospital doctor gave them scrips for amoxicillin and we have follow up appointments for both babies Wednesday with the pediatrician. They're not big fans of me right now because I have the snot sucking detail(yuck). Anyhoo, any advice aside from going to the doctors?

Lots of hugs and kisses. Keep them close to your chest, make sure you warm their formula or milk bottles. Keep a warm blanket around them As you hold them.

Never under estimate the power of Vick's Vapor Rub on the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Never under estimate the power of Vick's Vapor Rub on the chest.

Very true! Put some on his chest on under his nose....

Been doing the Vicks. Wife just gave them both a warm bath with Johnson's vapor bath and they both have humidifiers in their rooms. Baby boy is in good spirits and so is baby girl all things considered. It all started with my wife who I think picked it up at the doctors office last week and she gave it to the rest of us. I had my first 4 sick day week since 1991.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Sorry, no advice but much sympathy and I hope you all recover soon. :)