1. #1 Occupy Protesters Cause Stir at Licorice Strike... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yeah...a Licorice Strike.

Tue Jan 10, 2012, 12:40 AM
    Starry Messenger

Occupy Protesters Cause Stir at Licorice Strike (Occupy Oakland/Red Vines)

http://unioncity.patch.com/articles/...icorice-strike

Kay, a musician and former farmer, said he’d been coming to the American Licorice picket line for the last couple of weeks but that the Occupy Oakland Labor Solidarity Council agreed last weekend to hold a more organized and concentrated effort Monday in Union City.

“Occupy Oakland has evolved,” Kay said. “We see any situation in our area where people are being scared by the One Percent, and if we have time for it, we’re going to help.”

<snip>

... factory workers said they’re grateful that their issue is receiving greater attention and support from the Occupy Movement.

“We’re happy. We want more Occupy people to come,” said Victor Nguyen, 47, who has worked at the factory for 14 years.

Go Occupy Oakland!

Support the strikers, don't eat scab licorice!

Sounds sticky to me...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Yeah...a Licorice Strike.

Sounds sticky to me...:D
    This is why the Wonka model works so well. Oompa Loompas collectively bargain through their tribal chief, and if they go on strike, they're used as test subjects for exotic candies. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    This is why the Wonka model works so well. Oompa Loompas collectively bargain through their tribal chief, and if they go on strike, they're used as test subjects for exotic candies. :D
    Actually, if the Oompa Loompa's screw up, they're sent packing to deal with Wangdoodles, and Hornswogglers, and Snozzwangers, and rotten, Vermicious Knids. Wait, did I say Hornswogglers?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Actually, if the Oompa Loompa's screw up, they're sent packing to deal with Wangdoodles, and Hornswogglers, and Snozzwangers, and rotten, Vermicious Knids. Wait, did I say Hornswogglers?
    You did say "Hornswogglers". I admire your use of authentic frontier gibberish. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pus6XF_qh38
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You did say "Hornswogglers". I admire your use of authentic frontier gibberish. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pus6XF_qh38
    "I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nimwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers, and Methodists!"

And, it's not even derailing the thread, because there's only one degree of separation between those two movies. :D
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

sabrina 1 (22,979 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

5. No matter how hard they try, they cannot shut down this movement.

It's going to grow and grow because it is the only real hope of getting the control of this government back into the hands of the people.

Oakland brought in armies of thugs to try to scare them and all they did was expose the reality that many people only suspected, no one in power is on the side of the people, yet.
    Yup. Once they get control of Big Licorice, it's all over. They win.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsean View Post
    Yup. Once they get control of Big Licorice, it's all over. They win.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    "I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nimwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers, and Methodists!"

And, it's not even derailing the thread, because there's only one degree of separation between those two movies. :D
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post

Okay, now that's what I call synergy!
    --Odysseus