1. #1 DUmmies lie to sensationalize. 
    Soldiers With Automatic Weapons Checking IDs at a Social Security Office in Florida
    It may have looked like they were ready for war or some deranged person looking for his late Social Security benefits.

But it was only Federal Protective Service officers with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security who were conducting a random training operation early Tuesday morning when they surprisingly showed up at the Social Security Administration office in downtown Leesburg.

With their blue and white SUVs circled around the Main Street office, at least one official was posted on the door with a semiautomatic rifle, randomly checking identifications. And other officers, some with K-9s, sifted through the building.

"I thought someone was upset about not getting there check," said Laura Kelly, who took a friend to the office on Tuesday.

more . . . http://warisacrime.org/content/soldi...eedom-they-hat

http://www.dailycommercial.com/News/...y/010412shield
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002140732

So the title of the story says "Soldiers" ie US Military, with automatic weapons at a government building. Then the actual story says it was Federal Agents, with one guy with a semi-automatic weapon.

The article was written by David Swanson, who I believe is a DUmmie as well. I'd have to refer to Franksolich for comfirmation on that one.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Some of the DUmmies dive right into it. Others can see it for what it is.

patrick t. cakes (1,732 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

2. no, no police state here......nt
    Cleita (56,347 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

7. So Florida has become a police state?

What a bummer.
    patrick t. cakes (1,732 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

8. Florida is part of the US...

Federal troops checking I.D.s at gun point does a police state make.

scary, but apparently inevitable

MineralMan (39,062 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

25. Men with guns are "soldiers." Yeah, that's the ticket.

And all guns are "automatic" weapons. Never mind that the news story said something completely different from the headline. Sloppy all around, I think.
    michreject (3,897 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

10. Where were the soldiers at?

I opened both links and only saw reports of Federal law enforcement personnel. Didn't see any mention of military.
    Muskypundit (554 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

16. Gross overreaction on part of DU

I don't know of major federal building you don't need to go through security and show at least a drivers license at. That's not a police state. That's a "lets not have another federal building bombing" state.

And police agencies hold training events all the time. They didn't break the law, because they did it on government property. I just had a training event where we had to convoy in humvees up i-5. We had M-4s too. That must mean the black helicopters are next, right?

"At gunpoint" ..... Give me a break. That's like saying police officers write you tickets at gunpoint.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Liberals sensationalizing something? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Dawson Leery

5. There is no way I would ever go into law "enforcement".
    Phew. Thank you.
    Be Not Afraid.