Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    So was I.

If you (well, not you, since you're not likely to have an abortion any time soon, but the Royal You) are going to agree to an abortion, then you're going to agree to be penetrated by medical instruments. As such, it's not unreasonable that one of those instruments be an ultrasound dildo.
    Then we are back to Nova's straw; consent for an abortion means consent to stick whatever the State wants into your (Royal Your) vagina.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    link

The cognitive dissidence is quite stunning.

No, that's how liberals think-the fetus is just a parasite on the woman

They'll screech about putting a probe into the vagina, calling it "rape", but they're perfectly fine with putting something in the uterus in order to abort a baby. In actuality they hate that women see exactly what they are aborting.

That group is not "Pro choice" they are pro abortion.
    Sounds to me like they just wish to be control freaks. Even people I know who are against abortion thinks this is cruel.

If they want to make abortion illegal and they have the proof to do so, do it. Stop doing it through harassing women.

I'm sorry, but I honestly think sometimes that some just don't have compassion toward women.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Sounds to me like they just wish to be control freaks. Even people I know who are against abortion thinks this is cruel.

If they want to make abortion illegal and they have the proof to do so, do it. Stop doing it through harassing women.

I'm sorry, but I honestly think sometimes that some just don't have compassion toward women.
    Are you Megan McCain?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Then we are back to Nova's straw; consent for an abortion means consent to stick whatever the State wants into your (Royal Your) vagina.
    That would matter if the state wanted to mandate that doctors stick a beer bottle into someone's vijayjay. They don't. This is an established, painless medical procedure. Honestly, I would be surprised if this wasn't routinely done with any D&X.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    That would matter if the state wanted to mandate that doctors stick a beer bottle into someone's vijayjay. They don't. This is an established, painless medical procedure. Honestly, I would be surprised if this wasn't routinely done with any D&X.
    I wouldn't go as far as to say painless. Let me ask you a question, what medical necessity does this have?

You are ok with the state requiring women to undergo an invasive procedure, that yes can be considered rape by almost all the laws out there, for no medical necessity.

It's all so that the legislature feels better about themselves.

This is wrong, it is the state bullying women. Forcibly trying to discourage them from practicing something that the Supreme Court said was legal.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Power CUer
    DJ has it in one sentence: it's so the legislature feels better. This is an easy vote to make so you can say you're "defending life".
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    This is wrong, it is the state bullying women. Forcibly trying to discourage them from practicing something that the Supreme Court said was legal.
    It's a workaround, and as any employed person knows: a workaround is a violation. It is an attempt to do what you know you are prohibited from doing.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post

It would be nice if the next challenge at the Supreme Court level provides for prosecution of legislators who keep trying to pull this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    It would be nice if the next challenge at the Supreme Court level provides for prosecution of legislators who keep trying to pull this crap.
    Well, that would be as bad as Gingridge wanting "activist judges" arrested. It's still a free country. We want to keep it that way. :D

I wouldn't go as far as to say painless.
    That is exactly the word that my wife used when she went through the exact same procedure (the ultrasound, not an abortion).

Let me ask you a question, what medical necessity does this have?
    That's not the standard, but it necessarily forces a birth mother to consider that she is taking a life instead of disposing of a parasite.

If the standard were "necessity," then the state shouldn't be able to compel me to wear clothes in public. After all, there's no need for me to wear clothes in public.

You are ok with the state requiring women to undergo an invasive procedure, that yes can be considered rape by almost all the laws out there, for no medical necessity.
    I'm OK with a state requiring that women who elect to undergo a particular invasive procedure have full knowledge of in what they are engaging.

It's all so that the legislature feels better about themselves.
    Not really. It's more about making sure that people think twice before murdering their baby.

The Supreme Court says that it's perfectly legal for me to drink alcohol, and yet the state of Tennessee says that I can't go to a liquor store on Sunday. States have the right to impose restrictions on things, and that includes otherwise legal activities. If you don't like it, then don't get an abortion in Texas.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.