Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 The Biggest Loser 
    I know it's been on for a few seasons, but this is the first season I've actually TIVO"d it. Allison Sweeney seems snobbish, couldn't they have found a warmer person??

But my question is, do most of the contestants keep the weight off after they've left (or got booted) off the show? Do they have a reunion at the end??

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I know it's been on for a few seasons, but this is the first season I've actually TIVO"d it. Allison Sweeney seems snobbish, couldn't they have found a warmer person??

But my question is, do most of the contestants keep the weight off after they've left (or got booted) off the show? Do they have a reunion at the end??
    It's about 50/50...

That show is crap.

They do things like water cycling where you take in a bunch of water. Like 2 gallons a day for 3 days then you stop and in the next 48 hours you piss it all out plus some of the before water weight ie losing pounds of original body weight right before the weigh in.

And its no wonder the people lose the weight. They workout 6 days a week with millionaire trainers, have food taken care of by millionaire nutritionists and the show likes to make it .out like its a weigh in every week but its a month at least between weigh ins.

I can't stand that show.

And jillian micheals is a mean mug looking bitch. Prob a dike too.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Biggest loser? I thought that this was about our White House usurper.:(
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

You can complain about how nice the people on the show have it, but those who get booted off early often times come back with even bigger results then the people who stayed on the show.

I haven't watch it in about 4 years, but I know from the first few seasons they'd have a few from the original batch who never even made the cut show up, and they had greater weight loss then anyone on the show.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I'm working on a ground breaking new weight loss program. Look for an IPO soon! DON'T MISS THIS ONE.
    The program is safe and proven. It is effective and easy. Send me your credit card information and I'll rush you the program. Send $9.99 and I'll overnight it to your front door.

No expensive equipment
    No membership fee
    No expensive proprietary diet

Simply eat less and exercise more.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    You can complain about how nice the people on the show have it, but those who get booted off early often times come back with even bigger results then the people who stayed on the show.

I haven't watch it in about 4 years, but I know from the first few seasons they'd have a few from the original batch who never even made the cut show up, and they had greater weight loss then anyone on the show.
    The show is a joke.

I lost 100 lb in 10 months by eating right and by moving..... you know, exercise.....

The big Cheese
    when they had them flipping tires is when I stopped watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post

The winner of the first season of Biggest Loser gained it all back. He's done a lot of interviews about his experience.

I stopped watching it a few years ago for the same reasons others have listed here. It was so unrealistic. Losing 10+ pounds a week was ridiculous. Waterloading to throw weigh-ins was a major turn off for me too. IT wasn't about losing weight, it was about doing whatever it takes (even if it's unhealthy) to win a million dollars or create manufactured drama.

Google Kai from Season 3. She's been the most outspoken about the dangers that show puts its contestants under. I remember her at the final weigh in. She was as loopy as hell. Come to find out, she stopped eating and drinking days before the weigh in. She said she was so unhealthy at that season finale that she was urinating blood. :eek:
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

The first episode actually put me off...especially when two people passed out. These people were obese and they were making them work out like triathletes...I thought it was dangerous and irresponsible. I thought one is supposed to build up to a 3 hour workout...lol

I burn 4 calories using the remote control to skip watching the show.