Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    The show is a joke.

I lost 100 lb in 10 months by eating right and by moving..... you know, exercise.....
    The thing I hate about that show is that whether they will admit it or not, they are still making fun of fat people for the amusement of people sitting at home. They make the guys take their shirts off, which few fat men would do for any reason including money, and they put the women in tight spandex outfits that make their midriffs bulge and their asses look bigger and baggier.

Moreover, a lot of the exercises they use on the show are of little benefit and physically unwise for unfit people. Flopping the big tire, dragging weights, and doing all that TV boot camp crap is less beneficial than a simple bike ride. God gave us bicycles so we wouldn't hurt our joints while losing weight. But I guess that bicycling is boring to watch on TV, so they get them to do stupid, wasteful, and stressful stuff.
    The exception of course is some activity which shows accomplishment. Chin ups are worthless for weight loss, but if no one has ever done a chin up, to be able to do one might be motivational. No one dreams of the day when he can flop the tractor tire.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    The show is a joke.

I lost 100 lb in 10 months by eating right and by moving..... you know, exercise.....
    I can tell on the look of the face of some people that when they ask me "How did you do it?" they are hoping I will tell them about some magic system or drug. I pull out my food diary, and show them that I keep track of everything that I eat in hopes that they will see that once you get rid of processed foods, meat, and restaurant food, you still get to eat a lot of good stuff for 2000 calories a day or less. And yes, you can have a slice of pizza now and then. Then I add that I ride my bicycle an hour a day and I lose them. I tell them that you start slow, walking around the block, adding blocks every day, and then work up to an hour bike ride, but it's like it's already too complicated.

I don't know what to tell people. I guess they have to figure it out for themselves or pay someone to tell them what I tell them for free.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Biggest loser? I thought that this was about our White House usurper.:(
    HA! win...

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Moreover, a lot of the exercises they use on the show are of little benefit and physically unwise for unfit people. Flopping the big tire, dragging weights, and doing all that TV boot camp crap is less beneficial than a simple bike ride. God gave us bicycles so we wouldn't hurt our joints while losing weight. But I guess that bicycling is boring to watch on TV, so they get them to do stupid, wasteful, and stressful stuff.
    The exception of course is some activity which shows accomplishment. Chin ups are worthless for weight loss, but if no one has ever done a chin up, to be able to do one might be motivational. No one dreams of the day when he can flop the tractor tire.
    they are not flopping tractor tires. The tires they are lifting are barely 90lb which makes it like 50 when you flip it.

They act like these people are doing strongman stuff. Even my wife tried to point at it and say "honey they are flipping tires like you do"

to which I corrected her and explained that my tire is close to 900 lbs and doesnt wiggle when it hits the ground....
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.