Thread: The hcg diet?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1 The hcg diet? 
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,058
    Over the last year or so, I've seen quite a few of my coworkers on this diet lose a lot of weight. First about 3 of them used the injection method and got VERY slim after only 3-5 months.
    Today, I ran into another old coworker ,who was pretty large to begin with, much slimmer. She told me that hcg now comes in drop form and can be ordered through the internet (red flag)
    Basically, you take drops a half our before each meal and you are on a strict 500 calorie a day plan :eek:
    The diet claims you can lose 1 pound per day but my friend lost 27 in 40 days instead..still pretty remarkable.

    I wonder if you can lose the same amount of weight if you just ate 500 calories a day and skipped the drops...I bet you can.

    I'm doing it the normal way this time around..I'm tired of fad diets....

    Anyone have any experience with this one??
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Super Moderator bijou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,207
    I'd never heard of it so I looked it up.

    The HCG fat release program consists of three different phases. The first phase consists of building up your fat reserves by eating as much as you like for two days while beginning the treatment of HCG drops. After this, phase two is started. For the next 23 to 40 days, a 500-calorie diet consisting of vegetables, fruits and two meals of 3.5 oz. of protein are followed while taking the HCG. Phase three is the maintenance part of the diet and a new way of living. Each as much as you want as long as starches and sugar are eliminated.
    link

    Whatever they say you will lose weight on 500 calories a day and no one is going to cut out starch and sugar for the rest of their lives. The only thing this will achieve is to increase sales of snake oil ... I mean hgc.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Member wwworkingguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Way down South
    Posts
    94
    You'd lose weight at 500 calories a day without the drops. But 500 calories a day is very little to eat. You would also lose alot of muscle. I would recommend Quick Weight Loss plan because they provide you with protein supplements and insist that you also take certain regimen of vitamins.
    http://quickweightloss.net/

    But probabally the least expensive plan is Weight Watchers.... can be done online now.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,058
    Quote Originally Posted by wwworkingguy View Post
    You'd lose weight at 500 calories a day without the drops. But 500 calories a day is very little to eat. You would also lose alot of muscle. I would recommend Quick Weight Loss plan because they provide you with protein supplements and insist that you also take certain regimen of vitamins.
    http://quickweightloss.net/

    But probabally the least expensive plan is Weight Watchers.... can be done online now.

    I'm not following any diet...I am just doing my own version, which usually works better...cutting out sugar(most not all) and starches.Tonight, for dinner, I had a small grilled chicken breast, steamed green beans and a banana. I either have chicken breast with a salad or with steamed vegetable plus one fruit..either an orange or a banana. Breakfast is either cereal or oatmeal. I don't eat lunch because of my work shift. I usually have a midnight snack which is usually a fruit or warm glass of lowfat milk.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Member wwworkingguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Way down South
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I'm not following any diet...I am just doing my own version, which usually works better...cutting out sugar(most not all) and starches.Tonight, for dinner, I had a small grilled chicken breast, steamed green beans and a banana. I either have chicken breast with a salad or with steamed vegetable plus one fruit..either an orange or a banana. Breakfast is either cereal or oatmeal. I don't eat lunch because of my work shift. I usually have a midnight snack which is usually a fruit or warm glass of lowfat milk.
    Sound very sensible to me. The best of luck.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Over the last year or so, I've seen quite a few of my coworkers on this diet lose a lot of weight. First about 3 of them used the injection method and got VERY slim after only 3-5 months.
    Today, I ran into another old coworker ,who was pretty large to begin with, much slimmer. She told me that hcg now comes in drop form and can be ordered through the internet (red flag)
    Basically, you take drops a half our before each meal and you are on a strict 500 calorie a day plan :eek:
    The diet claims you can lose 1 pound per day but my friend lost 27 in 40 days instead..still pretty remarkable.

    I wonder if you can lose the same amount of weight if you just ate 500 calories a day and skipped the drops...I bet you can.

    I'm doing it the normal way this time around..I'm tired of fad diets....

    Anyone have any experience with this one??
    Sounds like a dangerous diet to me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,496
    Quote Originally Posted by wwworkingguy View Post
    You'd lose weight at 500 calories a day without the drops. But 500 calories a day is very little to eat. You would also lose alot of muscle. I would recommend Quick Weight Loss plan because they provide you with protein supplements and insist that you also take certain regimen of vitamins.
    http://quickweightloss.net/

    But probabally the least expensive plan is Weight Watchers.... can be done online now.
    You'll probably lose more than weight on that diet. Count on gall bladder surgery. Years ago I tried a supposedly physician based plan, Optifast, consisting entirely of liquids. I believe it was about 800 calories a day. When I started feeling really sick a few months into the program, the nurse said without missing a beat that I'd best get my gall bladder checked. I did. I ended up with emergency surgery and had the gall bladder removed the old fashioned surgical way. It seems that all the hospitals did have the easier way to do it then.

    No fad diets for me---have seen the consequences.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"


    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    A 500 calorie a day diet would work about one day with me. Then somebody is going to get hurt if they cut in front of me in line at McDonald's!:D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,058
    Ran into my friend today and she asked if I ordered the hcg...I told her I didn't and won't...I can't possibly survive on 500 calories a day..and messing with hormones doesn't seem right to me. She continues to lose weight....but I wonder if she will keep it off....I doubt it...once she stops the diet and starts eating normally again, she will not only gain her lost weight back..but probably will exceed her starting weight.

    I've seen people that had gastric bypass surgeries as well as lap band surgery gain back most of their weight.

    There is no easy fix.
    Last edited by Hawkgirl; 01-17-2012 at 03:02 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    The big Cheese
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,273
    The anabolic diet. Look it up...
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

    Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •