Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The facts are that an infant was left unsupervised in an unheated tent in inclement weather in the middle of an event in which crimanal conduct has been repeatedly documented. What part of that do you think was a good idea?
    You're pissing up a rope here. Nova continuously excuses bad behavior by liberals. Look at the thread about Muslims handing out leaflets saying that gays need to be executed. You'd think he'd be up in arms but quite the opposite. He's more concerned with the immigration issue in the UK. However, you can bet your bippy that if it had been the Mormons handing out these leaflets he'd be singing a different tune.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You're pissing up a rope here. Nova continuously excuses bad behavior by liberals. Look at the thread about Muslims handing out leaflets saying that gays need to be executed.

in what manifestation of idiocy are muslim fanatics considered liberals?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You're pissing up a rope here. Nova continuously excuses bad behavior by liberals. Look at the thread about Muslims handing out leaflets saying that gays need to be executed.

in what manifestation of idiocy are muslim fanatics considered liberals?
    When you lose, change the subject.......

Child unattended in a tent in the middle of a rat infested, crime ridden park in inclement weather. Something here you don't understand, Nova?

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

If the Occupy folks who called the cops knew the baby had been alone for a half hour, then clearly there were adults within earshot.

I'm not playing devil's advocate, it's simply that parents do have some leeway in these matters, and it's not like the kid was locked in the trunk of the car while Mom was in the mall or at work.
    Obviously the law disagrees with you as he is facing child cruelty charges.

Pretty much at any campground you can find a baby napping in a tent.
    Come on dude. You have to keep those comments to yourself. You lose credibility with a statement like that.

Please tell me you left off a smiley face and that you're really not comparing the two.
    Be Not Afraid.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    When you lose, change the subject.......

Child unattended in a tent in the middle of a rat infested, crime ridden park in inclement weather. Something here you don't understand, Nova?
    LOL! You just make it up as you go along, don't you?

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Come on dude. You have to keep those comments to yourself. You lose credibility with a statement like that.

Please tell me you left off a smiley face and that you're really not comparing the two.
    It's not about my personal opinion on child supervision. I myself freaked out when my 12 year old niece momentarily disappeared from my view in DuPont Circle on a beautiful day when Yoga freaks, chess players, and yuppie joggers were sharing the park with us.

It's about the fact that the article makes no mention of the child being in danger, being harmed, or being in distress.

We can't complain about police and DCF getting above themselves, except when it suits us politically.

Looks like the taxpayers did a good job of cleaning up and re-sodding.......but I think this was the subject of the OP....

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Actually, he got it right. Your photo of the park sans protesters is pretty funny, but the facts are the facts. As the Daily Mail reported:

A man has been charged with child cruelty after a 13-month-old girl was found alone in a tent at an Occupy protest camp in Washington, DC.
    Police officers were informed of the baby's plight after protesters at the McPherson Square camp heard her crying at 10am yesterday.
    Demonstrator Mark Scott found the girl alone in a tent and, with the help of other Occupy DC protesters, wrapped her up in a blanket and called police.

This 13-month-old child was discovered alone on Wednesday in one of the Occupy DC tents

He said: 'I unzipped the tent and she was in there bawling.'
    A man claiming to be the baby's father approached police half an hour later, according to U.S. Park Police spokesman Sgt David Schlosser.
    The man was arrested and charged with attempted second degree cruelty to children.

The baby girl is now in the custody of the local Child and Family Services Agency.
    Protesters at the camp said the man and baby were not part of the Occupy community but had been around the McPherson Square encampment for a few weeks.
    A protest - dubbed Occupy Congress - is due to take place on Capitol Hill next Tuesday.

The girl, found crying and alone, is now in the custody of Child Protective Services
    It is expected to draw thousands of people and bring renewed attention to the movement in Washington and to their overall opposition to corporate greed and income inequality.
    Mario Lozada, a protester from Philadelphia who plans to be in Washington next week for the protest, said: 'We can't just protest on Wall Street. We must also protest Congress directly if we want to have real change.'
    'I unzipped the tent and she was in there bawling'
    Though the DC protesters have provoked the ire of a Republican congressman, they have been tolerated - with some growing signs of exasperation - by a mayor who forged his political identity as an activist and by a National Park Service that says it is determined to protect First Amendment rights.

A man claiming to be the girl's father was arrested and charged with attempted second degree cruelty to children
    Though they've dwindled considerably in numbers, the demonstrators, and a few homeless people, have remained despite occasionally freezing temperatures, the holidays and, more recently, rat infestations and health department inspections.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1jJoR6K4h
    It's not about my personal opinion on child supervision. I myself freaked out when my 12 year old niece momentarily disappeared from my view in DuPont Circle on a beautiful day when Yoga freaks, chess players, and yuppie joggers were sharing the park with us.

It's about the fact that the article makes no mention of the child being in danger, being harmed, or being in distress.

We can't complain about police and DCF getting above themselves, except when it suits us politically.
    The Daily Mail article states that the child was abandoned. What part of that do you not understand?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

The Daily Mail article states that the child was abandoned. What part of that do you not understand?
    Again, like a good little soldier when it's leftists involved, they get passes from Nova.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.