Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Again, like a good little soldier when it's leftists involved, they get passes from Nova.
    Yes, and it only makes him look like a typical retard on this board. He defends a punk who left his baby girl by herself surrounded by strangers and other non desirables. What else would you expect for him?
    Last edited by Hawkgirl; 01-13-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The Daily Mail article states that the child was abandoned. What part of that do you not understand?
    The OP wasn't referencing a Daily Mail article, it was a short article from the Washington Examiner. Am I not rightfully suspicious when color is added down the road as in the Daily Mail article?

I remain reluctant to take children away from their parents, even if the child's parent is a stupid hippie throwback. I am also on record as being reluctant to take away the children of neo-nazis and other right wingers as you can verify in the thread about the idiots who named their kid Adolf Hitler. But don't let that stop your unrelenting hypocrisy.

Fabulous Poster
    Again, like a good little soldier when it's leftists involved, they get passes from Nova.
    If you will recall, I also expressed reluctance for the state to take the children of your ideological comrades in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    If you will recall, I also expressed reluctance for the state to take the children of your ideological comrades in another thread.
    So to you there is no instance where a child should be taken. Nice.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Actually, he got it right. Your photo of the park sans protesters is pretty funny, but the facts are the facts. As the Daily Mail reported:

A man has been charged with child cruelty after a 13-month-old girl was found alone in a tent at an Occupy protest camp in Washington, DC.
    Police officers were informed of the baby's plight after protesters at the McPherson Square camp heard her crying at 10am yesterday.
    Demonstrator Mark Scott found the girl alone in a tent and, with the help of other Occupy DC protesters, wrapped her up in a blanket and called police.

This 13-month-old child was discovered alone on Wednesday in one of the Occupy DC tents

He said: 'I unzipped the tent and she was in there bawling.'
    A man claiming to be the baby's father approached police half an hour later, according to U.S. Park Police spokesman Sgt David Schlosser.
    The man was arrested and charged with attempted second degree cruelty to children.

The baby girl is now in the custody of the local Child and Family Services Agency.
    Protesters at the camp said the man and baby were not part of the Occupy community but had been around the McPherson Square encampment for a few weeks.
    A protest - dubbed Occupy Congress - is due to take place on Capitol Hill next Tuesday.

The girl, found crying and alone, is now in the custody of Child Protective Services
    It is expected to draw thousands of people and bring renewed attention to the movement in Washington and to their overall opposition to corporate greed and income inequality.
    Mario Lozada, a protester from Philadelphia who plans to be in Washington next week for the protest, said: 'We can't just protest on Wall Street. We must also protest Congress directly if we want to have real change.'
    'I unzipped the tent and she was in there bawling'
    Though the DC protesters have provoked the ire of a Republican congressman, they have been tolerated - with some growing signs of exasperation - by a mayor who forged his political identity as an activist and by a National Park Service that says it is determined to protect First Amendment rights.

A man claiming to be the girl's father was arrested and charged with attempted second degree cruelty to children
    Though they've dwindled considerably in numbers, the demonstrators, and a few homeless people, have remained despite occasionally freezing temperatures, the holidays and, more recently, rat infestations and health department inspections.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1jJoR6K4h

The Daily Mail article states that the child was abandoned. What part of that do you not understand?

That child is beautiful. If her dad is too busy protesting to take care of her, there is a foster family out there who will be more than willing to love her and raise her right, if there aren't any relatives available to do so.

Too bad it's not in New Jersey, since we have a foster parent here from that state. She'd be happy in his house.

The OP wasn't referencing a Daily Mail article, it was a short article from the Washington Examiner. Am I not rightfully suspicious when color is added down the road as in the Daily Mail article?
    The original article gave the information that was available at the time. The Daily Mail article went into greater depth, and included interviews with the person who called the cops. Nothing in the subsequent article contradicts the information in the first, which is that the father was arrested for attempted cruelty to a child. If you have a suspicion based on inconsistencies in the story, by all means express them, but this isn't the case. You presented a photo of the park without protesters, and pretended that it wasn't a danger. That's blatantly dishonest.
    I remain reluctant to take children away from their parents, even if the child's parent is a stupid hippie throwback. I am also on record as being reluctant to take away the children of neo-nazis and other right wingers as you can verify in the thread about the idiots who named their kid Adolf Hitler. But don't let that stop your unrelenting hypocrisy.
    There's no hypocrisy here. I'm also reluctant to take children away from parents, but in this case, you have an individual who had abandoned a child. She could have been abducted, or died from exposure (the tent wasn't heated, and it was genuinely cold that day), or just wandered off, and he'd never have known. Leaving a toddler alone under those circumstance is incredibly negligent, and we still haven't seen or heard anything about the mother. This was the right call, not because her parents were stupid hippie throwbacks, but because they were negligent stupid hippie throwbacks whose callous disregard for the safety of their daughter put her in danger.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

There is no hypocracy numbnuts. If someone from my political leaning did the same thing to their child, I would also be for arresting the parent. It has nothing to do with politics. That is the problem with you liberal freaks....you don't use common sense.

You're comparing apples to oranges here. The OP article states that the child was left alone in a tent in a park in cold weather. The latter couple allegedly had their children pulled due to domestic violence issues so it would help to get your facts straight before sounding off.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

The best outcome would have been for someone anyone, an unknown person, to just take the child as happens many times. Do with the chlild whatever they wish, and let daddy blame the 1%.

Fabulous Poster
    You're comparing apples to oranges here. The OP article states that the child was left alone in a tent in a park in cold weather. The latter couple allegedly had their children pulled due to domestic violence issues so it would help to get your facts straight before sounding off.
    I was aware of the particulars in both cases, and I consider both cases to be political. It's not a disagreement on the facts between us, or one of who is smarter, I simply disagree with what was done in this case. Parents make poor choices all the time. Trust me that you don't want to live by my mother's rules for men and children. I regard the arrest of the parent and taking custody of the child to be reserved for the inarguably neglectful, endangering, or abusive parent. That simply was not the case here. This man has been treated as if he left the kid in the trunk while he went to buy crack. Now I may have missed that part in whatever article you are working from now, and God forbid I should question a newspaper, but so far I haven't seen anything that rises to child abuse. Even the police only charged with "attempted child abuse" whatever that is. Since I haven't read anything to suggest that he was attempting to abuse the child, I'm guessing that he will have his charges dropped, and still have to go through a mess of BS to get his kid back.