Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

BTW, that's another thing that I wonder about. We keep referring to parents, but the article only mentioned a father. Where's the mother? Why hasn't she come forward and screamed bloodly murder about her baby being taken away?
    I don't know. Maybe mom isn't a publicity hound and isn't involved with the protests, or this is a case of parental kidnapping and when CPS placed the child, it was just a matter of returning her to the custodial parent? There are a lot of possibilities, but at the heart of them is probably the mother's desire for privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    There are a lot of possibilities, but at the heart of them is probably the mother's desire for privacy.
    Did you somehow in some half hazard way connect this to Roe vs Wade!:eek:
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't know. Maybe mom isn't a publicity hound and isn't involved with the protests, or this is a case of parental kidnapping and when CPS placed the child, it was just a matter of returning her to the custodial parent? There are a lot of possibilities, but at the heart of them is probably the mother's desire for privacy.
    I don't know about that. If she'd come forward to try to get her child back, there'd be some reporting on it, especially if she had to fight the authorities for custody. There are too many heartstrings that the media could play for them not to report it. And no matter how much she valued her privacy, there'd be someone at CPS who'd call it in to the news. She may not have come forward out of fear of prosecution, but if it were a parental kidnapping, then she'd be off the hook. I could be wrong, but I suspect that she's as much at fault as the father.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I don't know about that. If she'd come forward to try to get her child back, there'd be some reporting on it, especially if she had to fight the authorities for custody. There are too many heartstrings that the media could play for them not to report it. And no matter how much she valued her privacy, there'd be someone at CPS who'd call it in to the news. She may not have come forward out of fear of prosecution, but if it were a parental kidnapping, then she'd be off the hook. I could be wrong, but I suspect that she's as much at fault as the father.
    Confidentiality is a cornerstone of CPS/CFC. If the info gets out, it comes from the police or the courts, for the most part. A worker faces serious reprisals, including firing and criminal charges, for violating that policy. The media covers the case as long as someone is talking to them about it. The court won't talk to them (although all documents are public record), and the police are only involved in the criminal investigation and possibly the actual removal.

It could be that the mother didn't want the child. Worse things have happened.

[sidebar]

Has it been proven that the man actually is the father? Just curious.

[/sidebar]

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Fabulous Poster
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...UvP_story.html

By Associated Press, Published: January 13

WASHINGTON — A man arrested after police found a 13-month-old baby alone in a McPherson Square tent has been released on personal recognizance but ordered to stay away from the child.
    The child was turned over to the D.C. Child and Family Services Agency but is now with relatives.

Fabulous Poster
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45977590.../#.TxY1HRw0i6Y

Mack is not part of the Occupy DC movement that has set up camp at McPherson Square.
    The girl was taken in to the custody of Child Protective Services and then returned to her family, her mother told Gonzalez.
    Mack was not the child's father, as originally reported, but a father figure, her mother told Gonzalez. Mack would take care of the child off and on. Her mother recently found it odd that the girl would come back from Mack sick or smelling like mildew. Then on Wednesday, she got the call about the child found in McPherson Square.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    It could be that the mother didn't want the child. Worse things have happened.

[sidebar]

Has it been proven that the man actually is the father? Just curious.

[/sidebar]
    See below.

Fabulous Poster
    See below.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45977590.../#.TxY1HRw0i6Y

Mack is not part of the Occupy DC movement that has set up camp at McPherson Square.
    The girl was taken in to the custody of Child Protective Services and then returned to her family, her mother told Gonzalez.
    Mack was not the child's father, as originally reported, but a father figure, her mother told Gonzalez. Mack would take care of the child off and on. Her mother recently found it odd that the girl would come back from Mack sick or smelling like mildew. Then on Wednesday, she got the call about the child found in McPherson Square.
    And you still think this is OK? UFB
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.