Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Panetta: Apparent Marine desecration of Taliban corpses is ‘utterly deplorable’ 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Just fantastic!!!

Top U.S. officials moved swiftly Thursday to try to prevent diplomatic damage and contain public disgust from the release of a video that appeared to show Marines urinating on three Afghan corpses — images that spread quickly around the globe.

Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta said he had viewed the video and considered it “utterly deplorable.” He telephoned Afghan President Hamid Karzai and pledged a full investigation.

Don't get me wrong on this but Field Commanders, IMO, need to have a new one torn for this little episode. How many fucking times is some idiot going to do something like this and cause a shit storm??? Why the fuck is the other idiot "recording" this??? JHC!!! :mad:
    May the FORCE be with you!

Firstly, their Marines, so you can't expect a high level of intelligence. :D

Ok, now that I got the obligatory interservice ribbing out of the way... shit like this is going to happen. You got 100,000 people in country, you can count on 4 of them to be jack ass fuck ups. Especially when their dealing with situations like their dealing with.

And I am by no means giving them a pass. They deserve every punishment we can hit them with. All I'm saying is you have got to expect it to happen. We just have to make sure our response is appropriate to mitigate as much damage as possible that this may cause.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Stuff like this just pisses me off big time. These four morons should be given the new rank of "I'm a dumbfuck" with Moron Clusters.

Incidents like this just give the anti-Mil people a fucking field day.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Stuff like this just pisses me off big time. These four morons should be given the new rank of "I'm a dumbfuck" with Moron Clusters.

Incidents like this just give the anti-Mil people a fucking field day.

Not to mention the chance it gives people like the whack job running Iran to make something like this justify terrorism-when they control the media and the people in Iran only see crap like this, it makes all of the military look bad instead of the 4 buttheads responsible.

Incidents like this just give the anit-Mil people a fucking field day.

Well it was dumb for doing it in front of camera.

Have we even confirmed these are actual Marines?

Before you flame...given what happened with Hadditha and those Navy SEALS...I'm a little hesitant to rush right out and condemn this alleged atrocity until I see/hear something official after the Corps does their investigation.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Have we even confirmed these are actual Marines?

Before you flame...given what happened with Hadditha and those Navy SEALS...I'm a little hesitant to rush right out and condemn this alleged atrocity until I see/hear something official after the Corps does their investigation.
    Fair enough but if Panetta is commenting on it I would assume the facts have been vetted already.

Fair enough but if Panetta is commenting on it I would assume the facts have been vetted already.
    Not always. Panetta is just playing defense. No pun intended. He's just trying to "get ahead of it" to use the vocab of my profession :D
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Not always. Panetta is just playing defense. No pun intended. He's just trying to "get ahead of it" to use the vocab of my profession :D
    Apparently a couple of them have been positively ID'd. If so, Mr. Panetta is completely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Apparently a couple of them have been positively ID'd. If so, Mr. Panetta is completely correct.
    If that's the case...then they need to be nailed to the wall.