Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Just fantastic!!!

Don't get me wrong on this but Field Commanders, IMO, need to have a new one torn for this little episode. How many fucking times is some idiot going to do something like this and cause a shit storm??? Why the fuck is the other idiot "recording" this??? JHC!!! :mad:
    The commanders can do everything that they can to prevent this, but a certain percentage of troops are going to do the wrong thing. If that weren't the case, we wouldn't need the UCMJ, we could just maintain discipline through PowerPoint briefings.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Not to mention the chance it gives people like the whack job running Iran to make something like this justify terrorism-when they control the media and the people in Iran only see crap like this, it makes all of the military look bad instead of the 4 buttheads responsible.
    Not to mention that it gives our media the chance to make all of us look bad. Just a reminder, that when our people die in theater, the enemy routinely desecrates the bodies in ways that make this look like nothing.

Somalia

Fallujah

Iraq

Let me know when when the hypocritical windbags in our media gives those outrages the same depth of coverage that they are giving to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    If that's the case...then they need to be nailed to the wall.
    Oh, they will be. You know as well as I do that when a troopie's excesses make it to the SECDEF level, the magnitude of the hit that they will take is measured in megatons.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

Let me know when when the hypocritical windbags in our media gives those outrages the same depth of coverage that they are giving to this.
    Thats my view too. Cutting off the heads of live people, mutilating them if they vote (or disagree with their husbands), stringing up corpses and burning them (after mutilating them), dragging dead bodies through streets is alright? Maybe the public would have been perfectly happy and at peace if the bodies of these enemy rabble were burned, quartered and hung under the entrances to bridges around the city ... like they have done to our guys? Our current enemy cuts the head off of non combatants (Danial Pearl), and then calls having their dead being peed on "barbaric"?

These marines have sacrificed a lot more than the nanby panby idiots that are criticizing them. Don't want to get peed on? Don't mess with our troops! How does this compare to getting your legs or arms blown off by remotely detonated bombs by faceless "combatants"? It's called war and yes it's nasty. But don't let this be a distraction from the dismantling of the United States by little Lord Fauntle-Barry and his Demo/marxists friends.

How about some interest paid to Fast and Furious? And the blatant cronyism of the 0bama administration that has victimized and is bankrupting our entire culture/ country with their malicious meddling?

Not excusing the dummy who took the video and then posted it but it just seems like our priorities are a bit upside down, backwards with todays fawning democrat media.
    Last edited by Janice; 01-13-2012 at 08:32 PM.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Drawn and quartered.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Fabulous Poster
    Just show the unblurred photo, it should be punishment enough.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Drawn and quartered.
    Bit drastic for pissing on a dead terrorist, don't you think?

This is B.S. I know Marines hold themselves to a higher standard than our enemy, and that we shouldn't sink as low as they do with mutilation of the dead. Yes, I think the Marines who did this were wrong, and yes they should be punished. However, that punishment should be tempered by the exigent circumstances of life in combat, and the incident should sure as hell not be politicized. Punishment for these Marines should be a doc in pay, loss of a stripe, and counseling, not a prison sentence or a career ending entry in the SRB. These Marines could have just exchanged fire with the former owners of these bodies, or they could have lost squad-mates because of the actions of these former people. It's only natural that a little payback might have put any near term past engagements to rest, given the Marines some modicum of closure. Not excusable, but it's not like they took out their anger on the civilian population, just to put it into perspective.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

I say piss on world opinion. The pictures Ody posted, plus the beheading videos Janice
    mentioned and this story I'll never forget:

http://www.wave3.com/story/5084125/m...edirected=true

just to name few, make pissin' on a dead taliban seem extremely civilized.

Every time they show Karzai on tv with that emperor's cloak he always wears over his shoulders
    demanding that we punish these Marines severely I just want to ask him how severely any of
    his people we're punished for the above mentioned atrocities. :mad: :mad: :mad:

That said, the only Marine that needs to fry for this in my opinion is the idiot that posted the video
    on the internet and put it out there for all the world to see. He's the one that ought to hang for it.

Of course these men should be punished, they should each be required to shoot two more Taliban each.
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 01-14-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    I say piss on world opinion. The pictures Ody posted, plus the beheading videos Janice
    mentioned and this story I'll never forget:

http://www.wave3.com/story/5084125/m...edirected=true

just to name few, make pissin' on a dead taliban seem extremely civilized.

Every time they show Karzai on tv with that emperor's cloak he always wears over his shoulders
    demanding that we punish these Marines severely I just want to ask him how severely any of
    his people we're punished for the above mentioned atrocities. :mad: :mad: :mad:

That said, the only Marine that needs to fry for this in my opinion is the idiot that posted the video
    on the internet and put it out there for all the world to see. He's the one that ought to hang for it.
    The most telling thing about this is that it took several searches to find the photos of American dead that had been desecrated, as they were few and far between. I even had to try Yahoo after Google returned nothing but images of the Marines pissing for the keywords American, dead, desecrated, Iraq, Somalia, Fallujah, etc. So much for "Don't be evil."

Oh, and while we're on the subject, here's how a prior incident might have been reported:

Patton Desecrates Rhine

Top U.S. officials moved swiftly Thursday to try to prevent diplomatic damage and contain public disgust from the release of a photograph that appeared to show LTG George S. Patton urinating into the Rhine river — images that spread quickly around the globe.

General Dwight D. Eisenhower said he had viewed the video and considered it “utterly deplorable.” He telephoned German Fuhrer Adolph Hitler and pledged a full investigation.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I'm thinking that had they tied strings to their arms and legs like puppets and made them dance to a Jane Fonda exercise video, that may or may not have been going to far!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg