Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 All-star peanut butter cookies 
    All-Star Peanut Butter Cookies

Quick Info: Servings
    Contains Nuts
    Contains Egg
    Most Popular
    Diabetes-Friendly

Nutritional Info (Per serving): Calories: 66, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 35mg, Dietary Fiber: 0g, Total Fat: 4g, Carbs: 7g, Sugars: 6g, Cholesterol: 6mg, Protein: 2g Exchanges: Other Carb: 0.5, Fat: 0.5
    Carb Choices: 0.5

Recipe Source:

Prep Time: 10 mins
    Cook Time: 9 mins

Total Time: 19 mins

Ingredients

• 1 cup(s) sugar
    • 1 cup(s) peanut butter
    • 1 egg(s)
    Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 375F. Grease cookie sheets and set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together the 1 cup sugar, the peanut butter, and egg until well mixed. Using your hands, roll peanut butter mixture into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Flatten each ball slightly with a drinking glass that has been lightly greased and dipped in sugar. Lightly grease a small star-shaped cookie cutter; dip in sugar. Press into the center of each cookie.

2. Bake about 9 minutes or until edges are set and bottoms are lightly browned.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Those look great!

Did you make these SLW? The recipe seems too easy. I have White Chocolate Peanut butter at home that I need to do something with. Delilah, the DJ, mentioned this recipe on her program a few nights ago, now I see it here.
    Is this recipe actually tried by anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I WAS going to Hawkgirl, to put in hubby's stocking, since he loves PB anythings :) ... but ran out of enough PB and time to go out and purchase some more before going away.

Will let you know when I do, I promise!

~ ABC

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    I WAS going to Hawkgirl, to put in hubby's stocking, since he loves PB anythings :) ... but ran out of enough PB and time to go out and purchase some more before going away.

~ ABC
    Thanks ABC, looking forward to your review!:D

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post

~ ABC
    Same thing with me. I'll make them later and also report. I did things easy this year, made a large batch of chocolate chip cookies, although took the basic dough and divided in half. Choc chips went into half and put red and green Christmas M&M's in the other half, so they look like 2 different types of cookies. Also going to have to find another bag of mint chocolate chips (Hershey's) so I can get the recipe off the back. They turned out to be excellent cookies, using the mint choc chips and a dough that had unsweetened cocoa added. They were excellent.

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

I got a big F in holiday baking this year. I'm more of a cook, than a baker. I saw a recipe for a Sour cream vanilla cake. I brough it to my mom's and it was AWFUL. It made a nice presentation as I covered it in chocolate fudge icing and mini chocolate chips, and sprinkled "snow' aka powdered sugar. It sure LOOKED good...but:o

Next time, I'll stick to the standard chocolate chip cookies or my fudge cookies with white chocolate chips.

Or tried and true recipes. I had a big container of sour cream in the frig that I got from Costco's to make my penna alla vodka..so looked on line for other recipes to use up the left over sour cream. Bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Did you make these SLW? The recipe seems too easy. I have White Chocolate Peanut butter at home that I need to do something with. Delilah, the DJ, mentioned this recipe on her program a few nights ago, now I see it here.
    I make white chocolate/peanut butter cookies. I'll bet the white chocolate peanut butter would work great with them:

2 tblsp peanut butter
    1 package white chocolate chips
    1 1/4 cup Rice Crispies
    1 cup small marshmallows
    1 cup peanuts (optional)

Melt the peanut butter and chocolate chips in a pan on the stove, over low heat. Add the Rice Crispies and remove from heat. Then add the marshmallows and peanuts.

spoon out cookies onto wax paper and cool.

If I leave the peanuts out, I usually double the recipe. There aren't that many cookies, otherwise.

Made the cookies today. SR tasted them and gave them the thumbs up.

Hint, the dough was kind of sticky. While the oven was heating, I wrapped the dough in waxed paper and put in the freezer. It helped a lot. The second cookie pan came out better, as there was a bit more time (9 minutes) in the freezer.

The first ones kind of stuck to the bottom of the glass used to flatten them. It didn't happen the second time with more freezer time to firm up the dough.

I made the first ones a bit too large, so had to skimp with the 2nd batch. I still got 31 cookies instead of the 36 that they had spec'd, but didn't want to double the batch til I could taste to see if they were OK.

"

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I make white chocolate/peanut butter cookies. I'll bet the white chocolate peanut butter would work great with them:

2 tblsp peanut butter
    1 package white chocolate chips
    1 1/4 cup Rice Crispies
    1 cup small marshmallows
    1 cup peanuts (optional)

Melt the peanut butter and chocolate chips in a pan on the stove, over low heat. Add the Rice Crispies and remove from heat. Then add the marshmallows and peanuts.

spoon out cookies onto wax paper and cool.

If I leave the peanuts out, I usually double the recipe. There aren't that many cookies, otherwise.
    This recipe sounds similar to a cookie a friend brought to work a few years back. I think she melted the PB and Chocolate chips in the microwave. I will try this recipe, thanks!