Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 U.S. Warns Israel on Strike 
    By ADAM ENTOUS,JULIAN E. BARNES and JAY SOLOMON

WASHINGTON—U.S. defense leaders are increasingly concerned that Israel is preparing to take military action against Iran, over U.S. objections, and have stepped up contingency planning to safeguard U.S. facilities in the region in case of a conflict.
    President Barack Obama, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and other top officials have delivered a string of private messages to Israeli leaders warning about the dire consequences of a strike. The U.S. wants Israel to give more time for the effects of sanctions and other measures intended to force Iran to abandon its perceived efforts to build nuclear weapons.

Stepping up the pressure, Mr. Obama spoke by telephone on Thursday with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, and U.S. Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, will meet with Israeli military officials in Tel Aviv next week.

The high-stakes planning and diplomacy comes as U.S. officials warn Tehran, including through what administration officials described Friday as direct messages to Iran's leaders, against provocative actions.
    Read moe>http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...toWhatsNewsTop
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Read moe
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Yo Moe whuddyah know!:D
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Normally I assume that the US and Israel engage in a certain amount of street theater. However, if President Obama takes a truly stupid position on this or anything else at this point, I invite the Congress to pink slip him.

Does the President still get his presidential pension if he's ejected?

We've been telling Israel to hold back in areas where we never would. Israel needs to tell us to stick it.

All this is for public consumption only. Privately, Israel and America do what they can to accelerate Iran toward failure.

Drones, sabotage, assassinations, hackers; it's they way of the world these days, and a far, far better world it is, too. In the past, large armies just charged into machine gun positions. The Arab armies expected that model to work up until a few years ago. Got their ass handed to them, too.

Nah. The war is going well, I think. I hope.:)

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Normally I assume that the US and Israel engage in a certain amount of street theater. However, if President Obama takes a truly stupid position on this or anything else at this point, I invite the Congress to pink slip him.

Does the President still get his presidential pension if he's ejected?
    So Congress should impeach the president if he doesn't do what another nation says?

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    So Congress should impeach the president if he doesn't do what another nation says?
    Don't be silly. Congress should impeach President Obama for failing to defend the southern border and for allowing the Green March of militant Mexicans into the US to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Don't be silly. Congress should impeach President Obama for failing to defend the southern border and for allowing the Green March of militant Mexicans into the US to continue.
    I heard that the term "Gringo" comes from the song Green Grow the Rushes that was sung by American soldiers during the Mexican-American War.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I heard that the term "Gringo" comes from the song Green Grow the Rushes that was sung by American soldiers during the Mexican-American War.
    That's really interesting, to someone.