Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Actually, it leaves Newt, Mitt, Paul and Santorum (and Perry, but he'll be announcing his withdrawal any day now). That means that the anyone-but-Mitt vote is split three ways, which is a formula for Mitt to take the nomination, while the others jockey for second place. If Newt or Rick are smart, they'll offer the others cabinet posts in return for their delegates and endorsements. The next move depends on who is best situated to offer a deal (i.e., a clear runner up emerges). In that case, the runner up would be in the position to point out what I've just said, and that if they don't unite their resources, they'll be singing Hail to the Chief for either Romney or Obama in November. Newt or Santorum could offer Paul the Treasury slot if it meant that he could audit the FED. Paul or Santorum could offer Newt the State Department, which he'd have a ball cleaning out. Paul or Newt would have to figure out what to offer Santorum, possibly HHS, where he could actually make a difference in how money is spent on social services and enact real reforms.

Of course, if Romney is really smart, he'll start putting together a cabinet of serious conservatives to allay fears of his squishiness, including an appointment at HHS would would be guaranteed to gut Obamacare and not implement it until it can be repealed.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Newt is just a little less liberal then Mittens. Anyone that would do a comerical with Pisslosi is a douche bag IMHO.
    You have no disagreement with me there, but he would rip Obama like a rottweiler shredding a rabbit.
    That gives me a warm happy feeling.:)
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You have no disagreement with me there, but he would rip Obama like a rottweiler shredding a rabbit.
    That gives me a warm happy feeling.:)
    At this point, any of the nominees would turn Obama into a quivering mass in a debate. They've all honed their skills, and are formidable.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Too bad in general. I think Hunstman was one of the better candidates.

I only heard it on the radio but it said that he said he is dropping out because the race has become too negative? That can't be true. Unless too negative means "No one is voting for me".

I wonder who will be Mitt's VP?
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Too bad in general. I think Hunstman was one of the better candidates.

I only heard it on the radio but it said that he said he is dropping out because the race has become too negative? That can't be true. Unless too negative means "No one is voting for me".

I wonder who will be Mitt's VP?
    If Mitt is smart, it will be someone who really excites the base, with the debating chops to turn Biden into a shambling wreck (well, more of one, anyway). The short list is pretty much everyone that we've wished would have signed on to run for president who who dropped out.
    --Odysseus

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    too think, there were those that tried to spin Huntsman as a true Conservative....
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    At this point, any of the nominees would turn Obama into a quivering mass in a debate. They've all honed their skills, and are formidable.
    which is why Rush doesn't think Obama will do more than 2 debates, if he even does that.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry