Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Single dad trying to take back home occupied by OWS 
    link
    This devolves into an arguing match with everyone taking a different view and arguing amongst themselves.
    hack89 (12,583 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

View profile

Single dad trying to take back home occupied by OWS

Last edited Sun Jan 15, 2012, 02:01 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    Occupy Wall Street protesters announced with great fanfare last month that they moved a homeless family into a “foreclosed” Brooklyn home — even though they knew the house belonged to a struggling single father desperately trying to renegotiate his mortgage, The Post has learned.

OWS leaders and Brooklyn Councilman Charles Barron, an OWS supporter, met with Ahadzi before the press conference to discuss the future of his property, he said. Ahadzi hoped that the group would help him regain his footing.

“Why can’t you fight for me?” he asked them.

“They told me I don’t qualify,” he said. “So my lawyer asked what the qualifications are. I have to be with an organization and they’ll deal with the bank and you have to be homeless.

“They said they couldn’t help me,” he added.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...Q0boFviq8CjvAL

This is pretty fucked up.
    Star Member RKP5637 (17,170 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    2. Agree! "This is pretty fucked up."
    Star Member Aerows (6,313 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    30. Sure

View profile
    Can you post a source that isn't either Rupert Murdoch run or a right winger site?

Please don't sit there and claim that Murdoch and Murdoch controlled media are not known to twist the truth, or outright tell lies.
    Star Member nadinbrzezinski (100,988 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    129. I can certainly understand why partisans (on both sides) may feel this way

View profile
    By the way, here is a serious mistake you are making... I am willing to bet, from the OWSers I personally know, they are among the most politically aware and informed people I know. Low information is not precisely the term I would use. Now that is a term I would use with Tea Parties RIGHT NOW... and one reason the T Party is going away is precisely that these people are starting to realize how far they were used.

The problem for PARTISANS (on both sides) is that they cannot harness the energy in this social movement. And let's be honest, OWS is a direct challenge to the system... but that gets me into a whole different discussion. See my sig.

But I get it... why partisans (on both sides) feel that way.

If you want equivalents, well the Bonus March is a good example. They were non partisan either. Oh yes, before you say it, they got mowed by the army... and their camp was burned... but you know what? It was due to THAT that Americans became aware of a lot of shit... and you know what is even better? The New Deal is partly their doing. If they were at home starving to death there would have been zero pressure to do anything in DC... silly shit that happens with social movements.

You want to know ANOTHER non partisan movement? The Suffragettes...

Then there is the anti slavery movement...

Women's Rights, while right now mostly trending dem, did not start that way.

Civil rights, DITTO.

It is not my fault most people are quite ignorant of the damn arc... but I get it, why you feel this is just shit and wasted energy. Your predecessors felt the same way with many other social movements. I am so damn glad I am NOT a partisan. Makes looking at life not as a team sport much better. And this is particularly the case when it comes to politics.
    LOL, to liberals not having huge crowds in the streets means that the Tea Party is "going away" and isn't influential. Let them believe it, it won't do them any good.
    Star Member BumRushDaShow (6,379 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    25. This was done by an off-shoot group

View profile
    http://money.cnn.com/2011/12/06/real...eads/index.htm

OWS is a diverse conglomeration of folks with a myriad of grievances needing to be addressed. And different sub-groups seem to form to take on a specific problem to focus on and these will plan non-violent actions that they feel will begin to address the grievance... E.g., whether to "occupy" a bank, setup food banks for homeless, or march against state, local, federal government in support of a variety of things (union, public education, anti-war, etc). This sub-group apparently "occupies" previously foreclosed homes (and have apparently done so in a number of cities).

So one cannot just broad-brush the actions of an individual or subgroup with some negative banner because of what that subset did that you don't agree with.

Hell, as an AA, I get broad-brushed 24/7 by the lamestream media every time some knucklehead AA teenage punk knocks down a pedestrian and runs away - and then here come the gasbags on the air, insisting that this one incident was a "black problem".
    If it goes by the name OWS then it is part of OWS; they can disclaim it all they want but when it is a movement like that they will be judged by what individuals that claim to be part of OWS do.

So is there a difference between the bank and OWS taking your home other than legality?

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    So is there a difference between the bank and OWS taking your home other than legality?
    You really are that stupid aren't you?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Come on Lanie!!! If #OWS takes it, it's FOR THE PEOPLE!!!! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Das Nadin spins a good one:

It is not my fault most people are quite ignorant of the damn arc... but I get it, why you feel this is just shit and wasted energy. Your predecessors felt the same way with many other social movements. (Well of course Nadin "Gets" it...she's Nadin the all knowing!!!! :D)

I am so damn glad I am NOT a partisan. Makes looking at life not as a team sport much better. And this is particularly the case when it comes to politics.

(Wait what???? Nadin isn't partisan??? AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!)
    (She threw that in at the very end hoping no one would notice...This little gem just shows how delusional she really is.)
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Das Nadin spins a good one:
    The scary thing is she honestly believes that crap!
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Come on Lanie!!! If #OWS takes it, it's FOR THE PEOPLE!!!! :D
    Sounds like a bunch of hypocrites to me. Not that I don't want that homeless guy to get a home, but come on. It's off the back of another struggling person.

I do believe a lot of rich people are exploitative and will use those with less money to keep getting their way. Well, OWS has accumulated quite a bit of money. They're doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    The scary thing is she honestly believes that crap!
    Its what we around these here parts call a FANATIC.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.