Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Oh, and how can I forget...

CATNIP!!!

It may get a aggressive at first...but then it will act stoned and be all warm and fuzzy.....not that I know anything about that.
    And, he'll eat. Not that I know anything about that. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I have raised cats and dogs all my life. We had a similiar prob when I brought a new kitty home a couple of years back. The prob for us was that the old cat was basically the "Queen" of the house as she was several years old and the new kitty was getting too much attn for her liking. So we locked the new kitty away for a few weeks to allow it time to feed and grow. So that it wouldnt so easily look like an appetizer to the "queen" if she got jealous.

And that really turned out good. The cats got used to each others sounds and smells, especially the smells or scents and got along much better for it. The kitten had been originally raised outside with other cats and dogs.

But now they were used to each others "presence" and we could all breathe a little easier.
    Last edited by Janice; 01-17-2012 at 10:07 AM.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Some cats take longer to adjust. Especially when there are other cats in the house that a kitten would find threatening. I've adopted many feral cats who turn out just fine. Keep the cat separate, go into the room and sit there on the floor with the cat. Don't try to touch the cat. Talk to him. Wait until the cat comes to you. Take in a few kitty treats.

Well, we let him out of the laundry room today. He is still super scared of me, but he will occasionally let my wife pet him. Our other cat is not happy. She threw him off the 8ft tall cat tower this morning...
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Well, we let him out of the laundry room today. He is still super scared of me, but he will occasionally let my wife pet him. Our other cat is not happy. She threw him off the 8ft tall cat tower this morning...
    A Vader Cat. Excellent.:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    A Vader Cat. Excellent.:D

Luke, I am your Tom Cat. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!