Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Used to box Golden Gloves and although being a fossil now, I still shadow box with 3 pound weights, and have a heavy and speed bag that I use. Along with pushups, situps, side and back raises, I spend about an hour a day total 4 or 5 times a week.

15 min shadow boxing; 15 minutes heavy bag, 15 speed bag and the calisthenics which take approx 15 minutes.

All the above are done non stop, rather than 3 minutes and rest a minute.

So, in a real fight I'd last about 3 minutes before I fell flat on my face from exhaustion.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

I swim, I play basketball a couple of times a week at my community court and I hike when I'm in Georgia. I'd like to learn tennis.

Ice Hockey.
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

Run an average of 35 miles a week. X-train on non-running rest days. Hike when weather permits (up Barr Trail toward Pike's Peak).
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

What is "physical exertion"?
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by THE Gypsy View Post
    What is "physical exertion"?
    Physical exertion is relative. To me, it is a sub 8 minute per mile Tempo run between 10-14 miles. To a DU basement dwelling nose picker, it is a slow pull on each side of a Cheetos bag in a vain attempt at not spilling the precious orange contents all over the floor.;)
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand