Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally Posted by Novaheart
    Maybe we actually have allowed the election process to be so undesirable that a decent man won't even try.
    It's happening now thanks to the constant slanderous attacks by the media and the professional left on anyone in the GOP that should run.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The man screams into the microphone, gets himself all worked up, and hangs up on people who are presenting their case in a civil manner. He's an entertainer who makes his money by being obnoxious and sounding knowledgeable to some folks. I can't listen to him (or Amy Goodman or Lawrence Odonnel) for more than a few minutes.
    No, let's at least try to be honest.

He "hangs up" on idiots and bumblers who fail to make their case. He hangs up on those who waste his valuable air time by not having their point well presented or those that spout the usual liberal lies that he already exposed and destroyed by those pesky fact thingies. He would hang up on, well, You.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    No. Not really. He is schtick as far as I am concerned. He is selling a product. Mostly ears, but in this particular case he is selling his book. If people buy into it, that is their problem. A generic propagandist.
    Have you actually read any of his books? His radio persona aside, Levin is actually a very sharp thinker whose knowledge of the history of US and common law is extremely deep. Liberty and Tyranny wasn't a shrill polemic, but a very well thought out discussion of the trends in Constitutional law and the underlying philosophical differences between the various interpretations of it. You should read it before you dismiss him.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    The man is smart enough that the other day he said he'd vote for an orange juice can over voting for Obama. That's how I feel.
    Fresh or concentrate? Nevermind, either would be preferable. :D
    I can't help but think that there have to be better choices than the ones we expect to face in November. Seriously, Gringich, Romney and Obama? These men cannot possibly be the best the country has to offer. Maybe we actually have allowed the election process to be so undesirable that a decent man won't even try.
    We have.

We used to have better candidates before the rise of media-driven primaries and caucuses turned elections into national popularity contests. The primaries prior to the TV era involved election of electors, who were pledged to vote for a candidate on the first ballot, but if a front runner didn't show, were free to vote their own way on subsequent balllots. They had to be persuaded and aligned, just like congress members on a bill. The nominating conventions more closely mirrored the kind of deal-making that goes on in Washington, and an effective candidate had to be able to broker and maintain support for his candidacy, rather than simply showing up to be anointed. As a result, we got politicians who might have been less photogenic, but who had a far greater grasp of the issues and were able to function effectively.

Given that the delegates were likely to mirror the ideology of the people who elected them, they were more likely to pick a candidate who was acceptable to the base, but also had the chops to win the national election.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

Fresh or concentrate? Nevermind, either would be preferable. :D

I wish I could get old shoe off the ground.:mad:
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Maybe we actually have allowed the election process to be so undesirable that a decent man won't even try.
    The GOP allows open primaries to weed out the decent ones early on ... combined with the anal exam freely provided by the media (to the exclusion of their favorite milk toast moderates). The GOP elite, the DNC and the MSMedia are on the same page on this matter.

It makes no sense for constitutionally minded citizens, but that is how it is. We cant allow real change, to the benefit of personal liberty to include limited government to come into the picture to impede the ruling class and upset the gravy train can we?
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

I saw an interview with him. It was interesting to see how well researched his material is, and to find out that at the time of the founding of this nation, the founders knew that the Constitution would not last forever. Eventually Americans would vote for tyranny. Which is a big part of his book Ameritopia. All civiilzations advance to a point, then vote for tyranny. Tyranny is the only thing that promises utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsycatlover View Post
    I saw an interview with him. It was interesting to see how well researched his material is, and to find out that at the time of the founding of this nation, the founders knew that the Constitution would not last forever. Eventually Americans would vote for tyranny. Which is a big part of his book Ameritopia. All civiilzations advance to a point, then vote for tyranny. Tyranny is the only thing that promises utopia.
    QFT.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.