Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    How come John McCain and Lindsey Graham are always one of the guys behind really crappy legislation like this.

SOPA is bad law. Can you guys imagine the internet if this stuff passes?
    Agreed to that!

I try to keep politics out of facebook, but I just had to make a point today.

I posted about how everyone was up in arms about this thing, when it's going to be DOA. Congress won't pass it, and Obama already said he won't let it go through. It won't happen. But we've had our national debt grow more in the last 3 years then in all the years before combined, and you don't see everyone getting all ripshit pissed about that. Priorities are fucked in this country. We call sell it into default, but don't you dare try to infringe on the internet.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    DU is down too!!!!
    You think any of them went outside or are they just sitting there hitting Refresh on their browsers, waiting?

This could be the best thing Skinner ever did for them.
    Be Not Afraid.

4. #14 Wikipedia and others are having blackouts today to protest SOPA. 
    http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bes...pedia-sopa.cnn

Bascially this bill is bad,it would turn America's internet into like China's Internet.

I thought only Commie countries would try this crap.
    Last edited by hai; 01-18-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I try to keep politics out of facebook, but I just had to make a point today.

I posted about how everyone was up in arms about this thing, when it's going to be DOA. Congress won't pass it, and Obama already said he won't let it go through. It won't happen. But we've had our national debt grow more in the last 3 years then in all the years before combined, and you don't see everyone getting all ripshit pissed about that. Priorities are fucked in this country. We call sell it into default, but don't you dare try to infringe on the internet.
    While I agree with you, you also need to understand that the internet is a huge portion of business today, and many believe that this bill would effectively paralyze the economy as a whole.

http://www.technewsdaily.com/1973-in...10131html.html

while we could survive a temporary shutdown of the internet, something like this would stymie any attempt at innovation that drives the internet. torrents, social media, media sites, youtube, search engines would all be effected, and all have legit uses that could be shut down with SOPA and PIPA. Hell this website and any other similar ones would and could be shut down without a second thought just for posting something that "someone" deems as infringing on a copyright, with no questions asked. It doesn't fight the problem, it just hampers development.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    While I agree with you, you also need to understand that the internet is a huge portion of business today, and many believe that this bill would effectively paralyze the economy as a whole.

http://www.technewsdaily.com/1973-in...10131html.html

while we could survive a temporary shutdown of the internet, something like this would stymie any attempt at innovation that drives the internet. torrents, social media, media sites, youtube, search engines would all be effected, and all have legit uses that could be shut down with SOPA and PIPA. Hell this website and any other similar ones would and could be shut down without a second thought just for posting something that "someone" deems as infringing on a copyright, with no questions asked. It doesn't fight the problem, it just hampers development.
    I'm not marginalyzing the impact it could have, it's more just frustration at all the uninformed who think they have something to be pissed about. They don't know what the bills are really for, and they don't even know that the bills don't have a chance in hell of passing. All they know is people are crying about the internet being censored so they are going to as well.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

It's a good thing too. Teh Guvment has been trying to reign in the net for years. Glad to see places like FARK, Wikipedia, and Google not falling for this shat.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Yup, Google has a black bar over it's logo.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I'm not marginalyzing the impact it could have, it's more just frustration at all the uninformed who think they have something to be pissed about. They don't know what the bills are really for, and they don't even know that the bills don't have a chance in hell of passing. All they know is people are crying about the internet being censored so they are going to as well.
    true. The politically uninformed will be the death of this country
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Merging the threads like that totally confused me for a min.