1. #1 Serious question.... 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002182389

Teh stooped, it burns:

Serious question for DUers - re that cruise ship disaster

Given the low wages and reduced benefits for pilots, ships captains and their crews, why should we expect loyalty to either a firm or passengers on an aircraft or ship?
    Is the idea of a poorly paid captain remaining loyal to some industry even relevant today?
    Isn't it 'every person for him/herself'
    Why should I give up my life for a company that demeans my worth on a daily basis; that denies my right to a union, etc.

Discuss
    To their credit, most Dummies responding do a pretty good job of slapping down the OP's idiocy.

How do they know what this ships Captain was paid?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

DUmmies cannot allow the argument to shift any smidgen of blame on the CPT. That would mean accepting a horrid principle/quality like Personal Responsibility and Courage.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Captain Stuebing would have been the last one to leave the ship, after rescuing as many passengers as he could.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I would suspect a Captain is making in the mid 6 figures at least but I could be wrong.

He/She is responsible for those people under his command. Period.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Serious question for DUers - re that cruise ship disaster

Given the low wages and reduced benefits for pilots, ships captains and their crews, why should we expect loyalty to either a firm or passengers on an aircraft or ship?
    Is the idea of a poorly paid captain remaining loyal to some industry even relevant today?
    Isn't it 'every person for him/herself'
    Why should I give up my life for a company that demeans my worth on a daily basis; that denies my right to a union, etc.

Discuss
    It comes with the job that you voluntarily accept, and applies doubly when your dumbass actions are the cause.

The concept of doing a job to the best of your ability regardless of what you're paid flies completely over the head of Libtards.

They associate higher job performance with more $$$ and that's not aways the case.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I would like to know what this idiot's idea of low wages are because airline pilots make a shit ton of cash. Flight attendants aren't going hungry either. Per this article, pilots top out at around $160+K depending on your level of experience. According to this site, cruise ship captains make anywhere between $5K and $12K per month($60K to $144K per year). Don't think this is chump change by any means. Only to a liberal idiot is this kind of money considered low wage.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I would like to know what this idiot's idea of low wages are because airline pilots make a shit ton of cash. Flight attendants aren't going hungry either. Per this article, pilots top out at around $160+K depending on your level of experience. According to this site, cruise ship captains make anywhere between $5K and $12K per month($60K to $144K per year). Don't think this is chump change by any means. Only to a liberal idiot is this kind of money considered low wage.
    These idiots can't make up their minds.
    CEO's are overpaid, thus enemies.
    Ship Captains are underpaid, thus forgiven their cowardice and responsibilities.
    Minimum wage for useless or no job skills cannot be set high enough.

No wonder this country is on the verge of financial bankruptcy, these are the idiots in charge of our government.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand