Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    he's buying time for the enviro cu**s to reject it. showing a democrap a photo of oil barrels and pipelines is like holding up a cross to a vampire. and god forbid we have anything made in the USA
    Theres a lot of speculation he's doing it as a favor to W. Buffet. Buffet before he started doing all those "Tax Me More" ads on all the news outlets ran out and bought the majority shares of BNSF Rail. If the pipeline is killed, that oil will still likely come to the states VIA rail, and BNSF is the #1 rail to bring it here as they have the lines and cars to haul it.

Its kinda a pay to play scheme on their part. Buffet wants the pipeline killed so his rail gets the contract, Obama wants a talking point to bash the GOP with. Namely those under-taxed greedy millionaires. Buffet agreed to do those tv spots, and make a nice donation to the Obama/DNC re-election coffers, and Obama in turn kills the pipeline.

The likelihood of China getting the oil is low as the oil would have to be piped over the Rockies to the coast, then loaded on ships to be transported to china. It would cost far more then loading it on trains to ship it down to us. China could still get the oil, but we still stand the better shot at it then them, just it will cost us more to get it then before and Buffet stands to make billions from this..
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Certainly the Republican representatives in the most critical state of the pipe line as far as environmental impact, who have a serious and well documented concern that could be rationally addressed, and are unanimous opposition in it's current form without the rerouting

...has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post

He will ruin the heads on those bolts using that pipe wrench, the guy can't do anything right!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    He will ruin the heads on those bolts using that pipe wrench, the guy can't do anything right!
    he's the one with the lose bolts in his head. and they're stripped !!!
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Remember this post in this thread?
    http://www.conservativeunderground.c...3&postcount=11

Well guess whats in the news today.

(Bloomberg) — Warren Buffett’s Burlington Northern Santa Fe LLC is among U.S. and Canadian railroads that stand to benefit from the Obama administration’s decision to reject TransCanada Corp. (TRP)’s Keystone XL oil pipeline permit.

With modest expansion, railroads can handle all new oil produced in western Canada through 2030, according to an analysis of the Keystone proposal by the U.S. State Department.

“Whatever people bring to us, we’re ready to haul,” Krista York-Wooley, a spokeswoman for Burlington Northern, a unit of Buffett’s Omaha, Nebraska-based Berkshire Hathaway Inc., said in an interview. If Keystone XL “doesn’t happen, we’re here to haul.”

The State Department denied TransCanada a permit on Jan. 18, saying there was not enough time to study the proposal by Feb. 21, a deadline Congress imposed on President Barack Obama. Calgary-based TransCanada has said it intends to re-apply with a route that avoids an environmentally sensitive region of Nebraska, something the Obama administration encouraged.

The rail option, though costlier, would lessen the environmental impact, such as a loss of wetlands and agricultural productivity, compared to the pipeline, according to the State Department analysis. Greenhouse gas emmissions, however, would be worse.

Keep reading…

Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Good eye!

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Theres a lot of speculation he's doing it as a favor to W. Buffet. Buffet before he started doing all those "Tax Me More" ads on all the news outlets..
    I'm happy to see that Rush is demanding Mr. Buffet's secretary's tax returns. I doubt she is a poor lady!

I was also happy to hear that NE came up with their own plan for the pipeline and plan on moving forward! Of course I have a feeling they won't get far.

Quote Originally Posted by Artois View Post
    Certainly the Republican representatives in the most critical state of the pipe line as far as environmental impact, who have a serious and well documented concern that could be rationally addressed, and are unanimous opposition in it's current form without the rerouting

...has nothing to do with it.
    The network of crude oil pipelines in the U.S. is extensive. There are approximately 55,000 miles of crude oil trunk lines (usually 8 - 24 inches in diameter) in the U.S. that connect regional markets. The map below shows some of the major crude oil trunk lines in the U.S.

The U.S. also has an estimated 30,000 to 40,000 miles of small gathering lines (usually 2 to 6 inches in diameter) located primarily in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Wyoming with small systems in a number of other oil producing states. These small lines gather the oil from many wells, both onshore and offshore, and connect to larger trunk lines measuring from 8 to 24 inches in diameter.
    http://www.pipeline101.com/reports/Notes.pdf
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I'm happy to see that Rush is demanding Mr. Buffet's secretary's tax returns. I doubt she is a poor lady!

I was also happy to hear that NE came up with their own plan for the pipeline and plan on moving forward! Of course I have a feeling they won't get far.
    I heard that yesterday and LMAO...hope they come out and all this crap goes down the toilet where it belongs
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

President Obama defended himself in a statement saying Republican’s hurried deadline on the issue forced him to make the decision.
    Something struck me as odd about this. Obama didn't say the same thing when the stimulus bill was voted on and made into law before anyone even read it. But of course one benefited his ilk and the other benefits people who don't like him.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.