Thread: NDAA quotes

1. #1 NDAA quotes 
    Yes, I'm late to the bandwagon on this as even FOX wasn't talking about it and I didn't tune in to Rush a whole lot of late. Now I'm seeing all the hatred of this bill from both sides, from Rush Limbaugh to Micheal Moore and I'm missing one thing... any quotes from the bill at all.

Has anyone actually read this bill? It's over six hundred pages and I'm currently scanning it for anything I've seen folks get upset about. I don't know, maybe I'm not sharp on it's language, so can anyone give me the actual quotes from the bill that concern them?

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CRPT-11...-112hrpt78.htm

Most of it seems to be military provisions and I'm not so sure I disagree with all of them, but that isn't what anyone seems to be talking about. am I missing something?
    I wrote a book! Please come read and support it. No, it's not political.
    http://authonomy.com/books/43841/the...ost-and-found/

Allah is a god of peace! That's why all his followers want to commit mass murder.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    it's specifically allows of the indefinite detention of American Citizens without due process. According to Sen. Levin, this bill would not have been signed into law without that specific wording and was directly requested by Obama.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

But where does it say that in the actual bill? I'm not seeing it. I'm not trying to be in denial, I'm trying to see if anyone can actually quote it.

Allah is a god of peace! That's why all his followers want to commit mass murder.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Black Phoenix View Post
    But where does it say that in the actual bill? I'm not seeing it. I'm not trying to be in denial, I'm trying to see if anyone can actually quote it.
    No...probably 4/5 of your representatives haven't read it. But the ones who have have quoted the sections

section 1021

The whole thing but specifically para (e)

Sec. 1021(e) reads as follows:

AUTHORITIES.—Nothing in this section shall be construed to affect existing law or authorities relating to the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident aliens of the United States, or any other persons who are captured or arrested in the United States.
    too much wiggle room for the government to do what they want regarding this.

Obama even said this by Executive signing statement, (Statement by the President on H.R. 1540) when he signed this into law that it allows him to detain American citizens without a trial....but he doesn't plan to do that.

John McCain admits this by dodging the question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUHh1iqe43w

section 1022

1022 allows POTUS to detain anyone he designates is associated terrorist or affiliated organizations, American or not.

Section 1031
    Sec. 1031. Affirmation of authority of the Armed Forces of the United States
    to detain covered persons pursuant to the Authorization for
    Use of Military Force
    coupled with 1021, completely violates Posse Comitatus

So, as of it's signing, our Founding Fathers would have been indefinately detained and considered terrorists under this legislation. Welcome back King George III.

there are other sections that should cause people pause, but i can't locate them at this time.

Just remember...you should know it's probably shitty law when RINOs like Lindsey Graham and John McCain started it.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Now reading it, it specifically says :

"(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States."

Was that added at some point?

Reading the noted parts, nothing raises a red flag off the bat, save for the fact that it doesn't clarify what DOESN'T count as belligerent action providing a proverbial blank check. Really I guess my objection to the bill on a whole would have been, that if it doesn't expand military or presidential power, as the bill itself says it's not intended to do... what exactly is it intended to do? Maybe I'm reading too little into this. It's unnerving but not the worst thing I've seen go by congress or the military so maybe I'm just jaded.

Good news I guess is, if we get anyone besides Obama or Romney in there in the next election NDAA is probably going to be over turned. Bad news... guess who's in the lead for the republican nominee...

NDAA covered on the "edges" of the media.

On the left, Current TV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fROI6...layer_embedded

On the right, George Noory: (Coast to Coast): http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2012/01/18

I heard Noory's show last night and there was a good discussion, even with Alex Jones showing up. David Seaman was particularly interesting discussing how he used email and his well-known blog to spread the word but didn't get a single bite from the mainstream media.

Just watched Current TV's spot with Jonathan Turley, GW law prof, who makes it clear that Obama now has unchecked powers that go entirely counter to the goals of the Founding Fathers.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2012/01/18

The synopsis from George Noory's "Coast to Coast":

Natl. Def. Authorization Act Special
    Date: 01-18-12
    Host: George Noory
    Guests: Linda Moulton Howe, Alex Jones, Jonathan Emord, David Seaman, Tyrel Ventura, Gerald Celente, Allan Palmer

In a special program, George Noory was joined by Linda Moulton Howe to interview four guests, who appeared in individual half-hour segments, about the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of 2012, which contains controversial provisions such as the holding of suspects without due process or habeas corpus. Jonathan Emord, who practices constitutional and administrative law, believes the NDAA is unconstitutional in that it allows the military to incarcerate individuals indefinitely, without charges or a trial. When this kind of thing happens in secrecy, without judicial check, it's the end of liberty, he commented. Linda noted that the language in the Act doesn't specify whether US citizens might be held under this kind of military authority with their rights suspended.

Independent journalist David Seaman reported that people across the political spectrum who hear about the NDAA are opposed to it, but because of the lack of the mainstream press coverage most Americans remain unaware of it. At this juncture, Congress has no reason to pass this kind of indefinite detention statute, and it raises the question that some hidden motivation is in play, said Linda. Seaman conjectured that the NDAA may eventually be used against Occupy protestors.

Producer Tyrel Ventura, the son of Jesse Ventura, suggested that the NDAA isn't really about fighting terrorism but rather it's to control the populace, in the event of rebellion, possibly related to food or water shortages, or other crises. We live in a corporate dictatorship, and many of these companies have connections to the Defense Dept. and it's in their interests to have a lockdown society, he added. Trends analyst Gerald Celente declared that fascism has come to the US. He believes the NDAA has been put into place because there's going to be "economic martial law," and "bank holidays" which will cause rioting in the streets.

Appearing during the last hour, radio host/filmmaker Alex Jones sounded off on the topic, and related issues. "This is a big wake-up call, and they've been training the military for a long time to arrest citizens and take people to facilities," he said, adding that measures like the NDAA are part of a larger program. For instance, the TSA is now operating checkpoints on highways, and at bus & train stations, and "this is really the seizure by the federal government, and the special interests that have hijacked it, of our entire infrastructure," he said. Jones advised people to stand up against these policies-- "like a bucking bronco, all we've got to do is throw the New World Order off our back."

http://www.salon.com/2011/12/16/thre...ill/singleton/

Reading those highlighted portions...to me it sounds like the law endorses what Conservatives and the Bush AG's office said all along.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.