Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Religious Extremists are taking over the United States - this is not a joke OH NOES! 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3992696

Let's look at some facts:

1. John McCain agreed to the most religiously extremist platform in Republican Party history - despite personally having come out against a number of these planks (stem cell research, notably) in the recent past.

2. Sarah Palin has come out of nowhere as the VP nominee, with a background in a Dominionist church and an avowed belief in religious extremist views. She supports creationism being taught in schools, doesn't think that humans are causing global warming, believes that humans have the right to slaughter animals into extinction, is anti-choice even in the cases of rape and incest, is against stem-cell research, etc.

3. Christian Dominionists believe that the United States should be ruled by laws based on extreme interpretations of the Old Testament. Strict gender roles would be imposed, gay people would be executed, ethnic minorities would be enslaved, and white men would rule the nation. The Muslim equivalent of the Dominionist plan is the Taliban.

3. John McCain, 72 years old, has a medical history including four episodes of melanoma (a frequently fatal, fast-moving cancer), as well as horrific war injuries. If elected, he will be the oldest person elected to the presidency.

4. Each of the electronic voting machine companies in the U.S. are run by religious extremists, Dominionists in fact, who have expressed their personal views that this country should be run on their interpretation of religious principles, not the Constitution.

5. The Catholic sect, Opus Dei, is similar in their views to those of the Dominionists. Supreme Court justice Antony Scalia is a member of Opus Dei. Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas votes with Scalia. Both of George W. Bush's Supreme Court appointees, Alito and Roberts, are religious fundamentalists at the very least.

6. We have religious extremist Republican whistle blowers coming forward to say that they have evidence proving that the national elections of 2000, 2004, and various state elections have been stolen via electronic machines.

7. Analysis of the 2000 Florida vote indicated that Gore did, in fact, win that state's election. The Supreme Court stopped the re-count. If it had continued, Gore would have been president of the United States in 2000.

8. Exit polls in Ohio and other states indicate that Kerry won the 2004 election. Numerous incidents throughout Ohio on election day 2004 indicate vote tampering in heavily Democratic precincts and counties. If Kerry had won Ohio, he would have been president. Furthermore, there is evidence that Kerry actually won other states as well, which would have given him both the popular and Electoral College win.

We need to pay attention! This is not tin foil hat stuff or conspiracy theory. These are facts.

If you still doubt the possibility that a coalition of religious extremists could be trying to take over the United States - and could succeed - please consider this: During most of recorded history, people have been ruled by religious governments. Times of economic and environmental difficulties tended to bring about the most extreme examples. It was only in the 18th century that the Age of Enlightenment brought Europe out of thrall to religious laws. That experiment birthed the United States of America.

It wasn't that long ago that Galileo was convicted for stating that the earth was not the center of the universe. It wasn't that long ago that heretics were tortured to death. Come to think of it, it's happening right now around the globe. And some of the people doing that torture - a "war in the name of God," according to nominee Sarah Palin - are United States officials.
    The idiots are on the march again. Anyone who thinks this might not be true is shouted down:

QuestionAll (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-13-08 05:13 PM
    Response to Original message
    24. they may be 'facts'...but the interpretation is 100% tin-foil hat.
    nt
    Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
    nichomachus (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-13-08 05:15 PM
    Response to Reply #24
    25. You just aren't paying attention n/t

Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
    yardwork (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-13-08 05:18 PM
    Response to Reply #25
    30. That one is often a Doubting Thomas

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    6. We have religious extremist Republican whistle blowers coming forward to say that they have evidence proving that the national elections of 2000, 2004, and various state elections have been stolen via electronic machines.

7. Analysis of the 2000 Florida vote indicated that Gore did, in fact, win that state's election. The Supreme Court stopped the re-count. If it had continued, Gore would have been president of the United States in 2000.
    These and others are no doubt backed up by stories on Raw Story...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

They don't even know what Dominion Theology is. DUmmies: when you're knowledgeable about something you disagree with let me know. I'll be here waiting for hell to freeze over.
    Woe to those who call evil good
    and good evil,
    who put darkness for light
    and light for darkness,
    who put bitter for sweet
    and sweet for bitter.

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    and clever in their own sight.

Isaiah 5:20-21

Isn't it funny how the US survived for over 150 years with laws against certain sex acts, no abortion mills, prayer in school, clean entertainment, free speech in the pulpit, praying Presidents...but NOW "teh Dominionists" are trying to take over.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

The "Dominionism" stuff is 100% made up b.s. It's just another conspiracy theory yanked out of the far left's anal cavities. Like every other conspiracy theory the left-wing loons love, it has absolutely ZERO basis in reality.

And not surprisingly, it has a big presence on Wikipedia.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

More DU conspiracy- mongering.
    Oh, and maybe I haven't been paying attention, but when has Sarah Palin said she supports "Slaughtering animals into extinction"? If this DUer is simply referring to the fact that Palin is a hunter, that would be a gross exaggeration and generalization too laughable for words. The DUmmy might as well have said the same thing about Teddy Roosevelt, who was known for being a fan of hunting (And who was also known for being quite the environmentalist without ever becoming a radical nutjob over it like most liberals are).

Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    The "Dominionism" stuff is 100% made up b.s. It's just another conspiracy theory yanked out of the far left's anal cavities. Like every other conspiracy theory the left-wing loons love, it has absolutely ZERO basis in reality.

And not surprisingly, it has a big presence on Wikipedia.
    Good point. Is there any church that espouses dominionism as a doctrine?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Good point. Is there any church that espouses dominionism as a doctrine?
    None to my knowledge. Not even Fred Phelps' church, which best fits the Dominionist model.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:

so basically dominionism is somthing the left made up to throw at Christians who actually think that living by Christian principles is the way to go.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    so basically dominionism is somthing the left made up to throw at Christians who actually think that living by Christian principles is the way to go.
    Specifically fundamentalists (which is synonymous with "Dominionist" to these people), but yes.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger: