Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The main reason why Obama won in the first place is because he ran on the "I'm not GWB" platform and the people went out in droves to make sure the bogeyman(Republican) didn't get elected. Funny how wee wee forgets that.
    I didn't forget it.

Obama's election had a few components.

1. I'm not GWB.
    2. The unspoken obvious: I'm a black man.
    and the combination of these two being: "I represent change"

He represented change the same way a black model in an Abercrombie & Fitch advertisement represents cultural universality. It was effectively nothing more than a marketing scheme, a new and colorful repackaging of all of the same policies, attitudes, and actions that we had during the Bush presidency and several others going back a few decades.

I'll even admit this: I fell for it. I was young a foolish, I watched CNN, I was more interested in supporting my own ideas than challenging them.

Policy-wise, Obama seemed during the campaign season to be a solidly left-liberal, but during his presidency he's been firmly centrist, often even conservative leaning. He has won a few "liberal points" on social issues, but he's overwhelming to the right of where people expected him to be.

However, personally, even if he were as liberal as people thought he would be, I wouldn't support him anymore as my support for liberalism has faded.
    Last edited by Wei Wu Wei; 01-20-2012 at 07:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Which was a step up from the Magic Negro and even dumber Biden. The Dingbat as your call her at least RAN something and did well while doing it. Show me anything the Magic Negro did before 2008 that proves he has any executive experience.
    Only thing Obama has done well is run for President...and had help doing it...both media and teleprompter help:D
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    I didn't forget it.

1. I'm not GWB.

He represented change the same way a black model in an Abercrombie & Fitch advertisement represents cultural universality. It was effectively nothing more than a marketing scheme, a new and colorful repackaging of all of the same policies, attitudes, and actions that we had during the Bush presidency and several others going back a few decades.

I'll even admit this: I fell for it. I was young a foolish, I watched CNN, I was more interested in supporting my own ideas than challenging them.

Policy-wise, Obama seemed during the campaign season to be a solidly left-liberal, but during his presidency he's been firmly centrist, often even conservative leaning. He has won a few "liberal points" on social issues, but he's overwhelming to the right of where people expected him to be.

However, personally, even if he were as liberal as people thought he would be, I wouldn't support him anymore as my support for liberalism has faded.
    and yet you were on here at the time seeing all the dirt on him
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Wait! An EX- Wife that has something bad to say publicly about her ex-husband?
    NO!!!

Say it isn't so.

Spot on. Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Which was a step up from the Magic Negro and even dumber Biden. The Dingbat as your call her at least RAN something and did well while doing it. Show me anything the Magic Negro did before 2008 that proves he has any executive experience.
    What did she ever run well?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I didn't forget it.

1. I'm not GWB.

Unspoken? He hinted at it every chance he got...or did I dream the "I don't look like the president on the $1 bill".
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I didn't forget it.

1. I'm not GWB.

Maybe others here won't respect your honesty in this post, but I do WWW. I hope your journey of enlightenment continues. I think you will find that, for the most part, Liberals confuse "feeling(s)" with thinking. You will also find that Conservatives think first and feel later, and thus are perceived as "unfeeling" by Liberals. I am pleased to see your brain is in charge again.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Maybe others here won't respect your honesty in this post, but I do WWW. I hope your journey of enlightenment continues. I think you will find that, for the most part, Liberals confuse "feeling(s)" with thinking. You will also find that Conservatives think first and feel later, and thus are perceived as "unfeeling" by Liberals. I am pleased to see your brain is in charge again.
    Glad to see your comment. SR tells me that I'm way too gullible, but I respect what WWW said (if he actually means it). It takes courage to admit that a mistake was made.

A husband of a good friend announced that "Obama is my man" in 2008. He was so proud of his vote. Now he doesn't say anything. I truly feel uncomfortable being around either of them, because I don't want to do the "I told you so" thing nor do I want to ruin the friendship with partisan bickering. Since they live in St Louis, I can just let it rest for a while----like til after November. :D
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Glad to see your comment. SR tells me that I'm way too gullible, but I respect what WWW said (if he actually means it). It takes courage to admit that a mistake was made.

A husband of a good friend announced that "Obama is my man" in 2008. He was so proud of his vote. Now he doesn't say anything. I truly feel uncomfortable being around either of them, because I don't want to do the "I told you so" thing nor do I want to ruin the friendship with partisan bickering. Since they live in St Louis, I can just let it rest for a while----like til after November. :D
    Send him a bumper sticker that says: "How's that Obama thing working out for you?":D
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Unspoken? He hinted at it every chance he got...or did I dream the "I don't look like the president on the $1 bill".
    Hinted? His campaign stated it repeatedly. It was the critical meme that came from Journolist, about how whenever Jeremiah Wright came up, the person making the connection should be accused of racism, regardless of the facts. Obama's supporters played the race card so often that it seemed like it was the only card in the deck.

--Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!