Thread: gay marriage: is it really an issue for the government?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No. I think religion is the most convenient tool of those who wish to exploit others for the purposes of gaining and preserving wealth and power. Religion is not the hand, it is the sword. History is replete with evidence to support this notion.
    As long as you blame broad undefined concepts for the woes of the world with no sense of context, you do realize your point is the essence of pointless right?

People die for heart felt beliefs... NEWS FLASH!
    Those heart felt beliefs can be manipulated... REALLY?!
    Some people's heart felt beliefs revolve around a religion... astounding deduction!
    Most wars have some kind of religion involved... HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!
    Therefore religion is evil!... yes, absolutely! That is so how science, morality and math work!
    I wrote a book! Please come read and support it. No, it's not political.
    http://authonomy.com/books/43841/the...ost-and-found/

Allah is a god of peace! That's why all his followers want to commit mass murder.

Politically tired.
    I've love for the government to get completely out of it. Problem is they haven't been due to allowing married couples to have benefits.

I think gay couples should have all the rights and respect as straight couples, if you want to call this civil unions or marriages, well I'm sort of up in the air but I tend to be more convinced by the pro-marriage arguments. Either way, it's awfully low on what I consider to be the list of priorities for our country.

However, I think there is a legal and (maybe) constitutional issue concerning marriages across state lines being recognised, so it seems this is something that will have to be decided, possibly at the federal level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Phoenix View Post
    As long as you blame broad undefined concepts for the woes of the world with no sense of context, you do realize your point is the essence of pointless right?

People die for heart felt beliefs... NEWS FLASH!
    Those heart felt beliefs can be manipulated... REALLY?!
    Some people's heart felt beliefs revolve around a religion... astounding deduction!
    Most wars have some kind of religion involved... HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!
    Therefore religion is evil!... yes, absolutely! That is so how science, morality and math work!
    You are quite keen on defining my opinions, but sadly your prowess in this area is stunningly lacking. If I might offer my opinion sans your blurry lens I would say the following:

People(s) who are willing to believe in that which cannot be tangibly proven beyond the doubt that reason demands, lend themselves to being able to believe anything. And therein lies the rub.

I do not indict faith, I indict religion. I condemn those who exploit faith; and those of faith who fail to discern the difference. I think you will find that Jesus did the same.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein