Hybrid View

1. #1 DUmmies support censorship AND ignorance 
    Who'd a thunk it:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002183537

proud2BlibKansan

Missouri student loses driving rights for flying Confederate flag

REPUBLIC, Mo. | A southwest Missouri student lost his driving privileges at school for flying a Confederate flag on his truck.

The Republic school district twice suspended Riley Collier's driving privileges because of concern that the flag distracted some students and was offensive to others.

Collier says he does not understand why he can't fly the flag while driving to and from Republic High School. He does not consider the flag racist. He says it's about history and the way of life where he grew up.

Republic School District Superintendent Vern Minor says he can't talk about the situation because it involves a student.

more . . . http://www.kansascity.com/2012/01/18...s-driving.html
    Of course the DUmmies all instantly agree that the confederate flag is automatically RACIST. These are they very same libtards, who, if you bring up the fact the Lincoln was the first Republican and abolished slavery will instantly go off on a screed about how The Civil War was about much more than slavery (which it was) so that doesn't really count.

Personally, I'm not from the south so I don't get the whole Confederate flag thing but when I do see one I don't start screaming RACIST and bloody murder.

I don't think "the jury" is gonna let this post stand for very long:

joeglow3
    12. This is a test for DU and we are failing miserably.

As disgusting as this is, we should be adamently opposed to this.

The school has the right to ban displaying the confederate flag on the car of a student who parks in their lot. Driving to school is a privilege, and the school has to keep the peace between those who think that it is a symbol of hate and Dukes of Hazzard fans.

The state would be wrong to deny license plates to cars bearing that image, though, because that would be a violation of the first amendment. High school students have limits to their free speech rights on school property. That's life.

I don't think he should have lost his license. Where he drives it outside of the school is really none of the school's business (although I could see a school arguing it is their business).

I can understand why they wouldn't want it at the school. Truth is it could provoke arguments and fights, right or wrong. The school's job is to provide and education. They already have enough problems with distractions, disruptions, and fights. They don't want more added to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I don't think he should have lost his license. Where he drives it outside of the school is really none of the school's business (although I could see a school arguing it is their business).

I can understand why they wouldn't want it at the school. Truth is it could provoke arguments and fights, right or wrong. The school's job is to provide and education. They already have enough problems with distractions, disruptions, and fights. They don't want more added to the problem.
    I don't think he lost his drivers licenses. Just the privilege of driving or parking his auto on school property. That's something that's historically been used by school systems as an incentive and punishment.