1. #1 Primary Delegates 
    Can someone explain the process to me?

According to this, Romney has 33 Delegate so far, despite only winning 19 from Iowa and New Hampshire.

http://projects.wsj.com/campaign2012/delegates

A vaguely recall something about Super Delegates, as that was is making up the differance?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I've been trying to follow it, too. Some states, I learned, give all their delegates to the winner if he gets 50% of the votes, minimum. Others split delegates.

The number of delegates from each state varies widely and depends upon such things as whether or not the state has a Republican governor.

But we (you and I) aren't the only ones with varying results. Yesterday I saw results on TV that were very different from the ones you referenced.

Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    I've been trying to follow it, too. Some states, I learned, give all their delegates to the winner if he gets 50% of the votes, minimum. Others split delegates.

The number of delegates from each state varies widely and depends upon such things as whether or not the state has a Republican governor.

But we (you and I) aren't the only ones with varying results. Yesterday I saw results on TV that were very different from the ones you referenced.

Go figure.
    Well, I remember hearing that before sometime in March, all states split the delegates between the top two winners.

But yeah this is all just confusing for me.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    i thought it was proportional....AD did have a couple posts on it a while ago
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

The whole GOP primary voting system needs an overall.
    All states should hold election on the same day.
    Popular vote winner gets all delegates from a particular state.
    The one with 51% of the delegates wins nomination.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    The whole GOP primary voting system needs an overall.
    All states should hold election on the same day.
    Popular vote winner gets all delegates from a particular state.
    The one with 51% of the delegates wins nomination.
    it's better than the dumbucrats "super-delegate" shit.

I wouldn't have all on one day, maybe split into 3-4 days over a 2 month period.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

No I still say all on one day just like the federal elections are held.
    That's the only way to minimize the media hype influence.