Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I hope you find peace and I hope in the end you didnt let the haters bring you down. I knew the moment he left his dream job he wouldn't last long. I hope the fucking douche bag college leadership that fired him ROT in hell.
    I once heard one can get a lot of praises, but if one bad thing happens to them, it is all over.

Westboro Baptist Church says it will picket Joe Paterno's funeral
    http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...ch_says_i.html

Wonder why Paterno, when it was Sandusky who is the pervert and caused Paterno to be fired?

I have a joke about Joe Paterno but I'm not going to tell anyone for 9 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    He did the bare minimum. The fact is that he reported the rape of the chikld within his own chain, but didn't report it to the police or take any further action against Sandusky.

No, that guy gets his own circle in hell, but Paterno had an obligation to remove Sandusky from his post and follow through on the report.

Put it another way: If you were in Paterno's position, could you allow someone who had raped a child to continue working for you? Could you live with that?
    He was gone by then ody, he was having a football camp when this happened and wasn't a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I have a joke about Joe Paterno but I'm not going to tell anyone for 9 years.
    I'm going to +1 your post but I'm not going to laugh because it's the guys demise thread.

Joe Paterno did everything he was "supposed" to do. But he certainly didn't do everything he could have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Well I think you're wrong he did what the rules said for him to do
    By his own admission he said he wished he had done more. Don't defend his inaction when even he was conflicted by it.

RIP Joe. Condolences to friends and family.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    RIP Joe. Condolences to friends and family.
    And that's all that needs to be said.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

He KNEW kids were being RAPED, and he did NOTHING! I hope he's burning in hell.

I see you guys are still over-run with bleeding hearts, reminds me of why I left.