1. #1 Why do we have to "Work so Hard" to make a living? 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002201899

I hear all these politicians say over and over again this schtick about woking hard, making it, and getting ahead... Why? Why do we all have to "work hard" to have the basics of life, and these days, wages are basically paying for nothing, let alone allowing for one to "get ahead".

We have more technology and items that should make our lives better and easier. Shouldn't the technology and the innovations of our modern world allow for us to have better and easier lives where we can use the technology to work smartly, less during the day, and have more time for "freedom" and carefree ease?

AND exactly why do we have to work so damned hard to make ends meet, yet those with the most (inherited a lot of the time), wouldn't know what "work hard" even means?

I personally work a minimum of 42 hrs a week. The pay is less than I used to make before the recession, however, every tangible real cost has increased in my life... like food, electric rates, gas, insurance rates, etc... And I still have all of those other things in my life to attend to like cooking and cleaning and child rearing... I'm sorry, but with all the technology and with the other half of the gender species being able to enter the work force, I shouldn't be this tired and dragging all the time. I should have more time. I should have enough $ to pay my bills and enjoy a vacation. AND I certainly don't think I should have to work even harder to "make it" or "get ahead".

No, I'm tired of the meme. We as a nation, are on the go and worked to death. They keep us on the rat wheel running faster and faster trying to get that dangling treat, and we are literally running faster in circles and going no where. If Occupy could come up with One Demand that would appeal to people the most, I think that would be a great place to start with.... People ask why Americans are so apathetic. We aren't apathetic, we are tired and we're being worked to death. AND that rat wheel is so nearly impossible to escape from because escaping the wheel normally means losing one's home, or health care, or basic ability to buy food to eat.

If Americans had the time to stop, think, ponder, gather with friends, enjoy their families, be able to travel around the country or the world.... we might actually be able to Unite and create the type of country we know we could have.
    The classic DUmmie complaint - WORK!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    That's a greyt find. :D

There isn't a bigger bunch of whiny bitches on the net...
    May the FORCE be with you!

That thread, what I read of it, is disgusting. They hear things but don't listen. They, like my ex-wife, want everything NOW, instead of earning it...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Already speaks volumes of this person's work ethic. They are already a lost cause.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

She would like nothing more than to live off the backs of other people. What she wants...is a world where she could sit on her fat ass while the rest of us work and support her lifestyle...and it will never be enough.

Sounds like the DUmmy is longing for a life in the 50's.

Two parents. One male, one female. Dad home for dinner. Comfortable house. Car in the driveway. Vacation or two every year.

What went wrong DUmmy?

As a man who rarely resorts to profanity or vulgarity, let me say,"Oh, my fuckin' Lord!"

I'm gettin' my gun.