Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Prayers of healing for your Grandfather & prayers of strength for you and his family.

I'll say prayers for your grandpa and your family.

Prayers coming for you and your grandpa. Wow, you must have great genes in your family, 98 and still driving. He sounds like a wonderful man.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Things have taken a turn for the worst. Grandpa didn't like the pain from the dialysis and he is refusing all threatment and nourishment. He won't even let the nurse give him water. I don't blame him.

I'm basically waiting to hear from my sister at this point. If he's still with us at noon, they are moving him to Hospice.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Things have taken a turn for the worst. Grandpa didn't like the pain from the dialysis and he is refusing all threatment and nourishment. He won't even let the nurse give him water. I don't blame him.

I'm basically waiting to hear from my sister at this point. If he's still with us at noon, they are moving him to Hospice.
    He's decided it's time, and that's okay. Dialysis is tough to take at that age. My husband's uncle was on it at 91, but only at his 90 year old wife's insistence because she didn't want to lose him. Then she had a fall and died suddenly, and his only incentive was gone. He immediately ceased dialysis and we had his funeral less than two months after hers.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    So sorry to hear that noonwitch.:(
    May the FORCE be with you!

So sorry Noonwitch, but at least he's allowed the dignity of making his own choice. It sounds like he's lived a good and long life, but understand that you don't want to lose him. Prayers coming for you and your family.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Sorry to hear this Noonie, we had an identical situation with my father in law, you get tired at that age and going to the Lord is sometimes better than staying here.
    You and your family are in my prayers.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

I'm so sorry. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Grandpa died at hospice on Sunday afternoon. According to my mom, it was very peaceful and his kids were there with him. He was really a great man-he worked for Ford during WWII converting auto factories into plane factories, he invented the CamLoc ratchet wrench and was a big donor to the Reagan Library and other GOP causes.