Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11  
    Grouchy Old Broad Kay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Midland, Tx
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Wow, he's younger than me. I hope he recovers soon.:eek:
    He's the same age as me! :eek:
    Shocked me when I heard this today on the radio and his age.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    He's the same age as me! :eek:
    Shocked me when I heard this today on the radio and his age.
    My grandmother was 28 years old when she had her first stroke. She had her last one fifty years later.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Then you missed my point, so I'll be less coy. I think that Giffords and Kirk restored to the ability to communicate are probably greater intellects than McKinney or Backmann in good health. Understand rubberband?
    My point is that when health is that bad, it comes first, you can not do the job you were elected to when you are out of commission for so long. Couple months i can understand, but devastating injuries should not be over looked and let them have a pass. Gifford was out a year, half her term in office.

    at lest Mckinney or Bachmann are who they were elected as, they are at lest doing their job.

    I feel the same when someone is running for higher office, they should vacate their current office immediately
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Define filth. Someone here said that Giffords should have resigned or been replaced a long time ago. So should this guy get the boot because of his infirmity?
    Giffords could not do the job to which she was elected. This guy drove himself to the hospital. That alone suggests that he can probably still do his job. If it proves that he cannot do his job, he should step down.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    How would Giffords or Kirk, in any state of recovery, compare to Cynthia McKinney and Michelle Bachmann?
    McKinney is an idiot. Bachmann is a Conservative. You dislike Bachmann simply because she is Conservative.
    Not good enough,back of the line and try again.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    McKinney is an idiot. Bachmann is a Conservative. You dislike Bachmann simply because she is Conservative.
    Not good enough,back of the line and try again.
    Then you have to explain why I adore Ann Coulter. No, dear heart, I despise Michelle Bachmann because she's a crazy POS.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Then you have to explain why I adore Ann Coulter. No, dear heart, I despise Michelle Bachmann because she's a crazy POS.
    I once saw a Christian parked in front of a liquor store!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Then you have to explain why I adore Ann Coulter. No, dear heart, I despise Michelle Bachmann because she's a crazy POS.
    You cut line, didn't you?
    Explain why Bachmann is "a crazy POS."
    Please explain how the state of MN allowed a "crazy POS to foster parent so many children.
    Please show where ANY of her adopted, foster, or biological children believe her to be a "crazy POS."
    Please provide medical or anecdotal evidence as to her alleged "craziness."

    Otherwise, you are being illogical and this suggests that you are closer to being a crazy POS than your chosen target.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Then you have to explain why I adore Ann Coulter.
    She's a better queen than you?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Define filth. Someone here said that Giffords should have resigned or been replaced a long time ago. So should this guy get the boot because of his infirmity?
    How is saying the obvious filth? Giffords was shot in the head and clearly wasn't capable of continuing her duties. No one was saying she deserved it or that they hoped she died, which is the type of filth the DU tends to throw out in these situations. I really can't stand how you try to skew the conversation. You're strawman building is extremely tiresome.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •