1. #1 Obama doesn't believe in equal pay!!1!1! 
    sniffa Donating Member (1000+ posts) J Sat Sep-13-08 08:44 PM
    Original message
    Obama doesn't believe in equal pay!!1!1!

Visited my mother today, and picked up her copy of the Boston Herald, and there was an Opinion piece by Derrick Murdoch about Obama and how his call for equal pay is a farce; according to him, Obama pays his female employees less than his male employees (i think it was 83 or 88 cents on the dollar) so he shouldn't be taken seriously or something. I can't trust anything by the Herald, and I don't trust this. I'm assuming it's just some juggling of numbers to make his case. I only made it over halfway through his piece, and he didn't actually match up equal roles of males and females, so I'm guessing he's playing with the numbers.

I doubt this is true, but is this a coming attack on Obama? This is the first I've seen this angle (and would never have seen it without the family visit) as I haven't noticed it on DU, which usually beats anything I read in the print media, or see on tv.

Oh, BOR also had an Opinion piece in today's globe, but he's never worth reading, nor watching, so I can't even guess what it was about.
    Mother is on her toes!

Obama only talks good game on gender pay equity

"Now is the time to keep the promise of equal pay for an equal day's work," Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama said Aug. 28 in his convention acceptance speech. He told the crowd in Denver: "I want my daughters to have exactly the same opportunities as your sons.
    A watchdog group called LegiStorm posts online the salaries for Capitol Hill staffers. "We have no political affiliations and no political purpose except to make the workings of Congress as transparent as possible," its website explains. Parsing LegiStorm's official data, gleaned from the Secretary of the Senate, offers a fascinating glimpse at pay equity in the World's Greatest Deliberative Body.

The most recent statistics are for the half-year from Oct. 1, 2007 to March 31, 2008, excluding interns and focusing on full-time personnel. For someone who worked only until, say, last Feb. 29, extrapolating up to six months' service simplifies this analysis. Doubling these half-year figures illustrates how a year's worth of Senate employees' paychecks should look.

Based on these calculations, Obama's 28 male staffers divided among themselves total payroll expenditures of $1,523,120. Thus, Obama's average male employee earned $54,397.

Obama's 30 female employees split $1,354,580 among themselves, or $45,152, on average.

Why this disparity? One reason may be the under-representation of women in Obama's highest-compensated ranks. Among Obama's five best-paid advisors, only one was a woman. Among his top 20, seven were women.

Again, on average, Obama's female staffers earn just 83 cents for every dollar his male staffers make. This figure certainly exceeds the 77-cent threshold that Obama's campaign website condemns. However, 83 cents do not equal $1. In spite of this 17-cent gap between Obama's rhetoric and reality, he chose to chide GOP presidential contender John McCain on this issue.

Farther down in the story, they mention that McCain's female staff actually make a little more than the males.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Obama treats women like crap.
    It's so freak'n obvious.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.