Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Megaupload shutdown by Feds. 
    http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/...aring-website/

If this was done without SOPA/PIPA,anyone can explain why we need such a retarded law.

I haven’t read the article in it's entirety but it would appear they were caught with their hands in the cookie jar.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Is it me or is the government of today a sharp contrast to the government of 1776?

Quote Originally Posted by hai View Post
    Is it me or is the government of today a sharp contrast to the government of 1776?
    Ya the lets fags and lezbo's have more "rights".

I understand your point Hai , but it looks like these guys really are crooked.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I understand your point Hai , but it looks like these guys really are crooked.
    Yeah,it seems after i drank coffee this morning,i seem to be hyper.

I don't really care to look up the indictment, but it will be interesting to hear just what they indict the enigma that is Schmitz on. It'll also be interesting to see how his/their alibi is challenged, in that they're just providing encrypted digital locker space, and it's on the user to not conduct piracy. Even the MPAA has been clueless on how they can legally challenge it. It's also absolutely absurd how they calculate the purported damages being caused by it.

If this was done without SOPA/PIPA,anyone can explain why we need such a retarded law.
    Without SOPA/PIPA they have to work to shut something down and provide proof of guilt. With them, they can flagrantly declare anything as infringing on them... arguably, even including bad reviews. Additionally, that's just the tip of the iceberg on what powers it bestows on a few private entities which have a history for lunacy.
    Last edited by Artois; 01-19-2012 at 07:53 PM.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/...aring-website/

It seems that Google doesn't:

http://www.infowars.com/google-is-al...ke-censorship/

Google Is Already Using SOPA-Like Censorship

Web giant blacklists websites, follows government orders to remove material

Paul Joseph Watson
    Infowars.com
    Thursday, January 19, 2012

Despite Google’s much-heralded support for the anti-SOPA movement, the web giant is already enforcing SOPA-like policies of its own, blacklisting legitimate websites from its news aggregator and following government orders to remove material from its search results and You Tube.

As major Internet giants joined forces yesterday to protest legislation that would hand the U.S. government power to arbitrarily seize websites with no legal process under the pretext of copyright infringement, Google slapped a black censorship image over its logo and urged people to sign an anti-SOPA petition that has accrued over 5 million signees.

However, Google’s main issue with SOPA is seemingly not related to their concerns about Chinese-style web censorship becoming commonplace, but rather which entity gets to wield those powers – large transnational corporations or governments.

While Google criticizes SOPA publicly, it is already privately using SOPA-like powers to unfairly marginalize legitimate web content.

Google News is a content aggregator that allows users to search thousands of news sources for relevant stories. Although the aggregator includes a plethora of obscure, occasionally offensive, and barely-read websites, in November 2010 Google took the decision to de-list PrisonPlanet.com and Infowars.com from its indexed news sources....
    More at the link.

Anonymous strikes back after feds shut down piracy hub Megaupload

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- In one of the U.S. government's largest anti-piracy crackdowns ever, federal agents on Thursday arrested the leaders of and shut down Megaupload.com, a popular hub for illegal media downloads.

Hours later, Megaupload's fans turned the table on the feds. "Hacktivist" collective Anonymous said it set its sights on the U.S. Department of Justice and apparently knocked the agency's website offline.

"We are having website problems, but we're not sure what it's from," a DOJ spokeswoman told CNNMoney.

------------------------------------------

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post

Anonymous strikes back after feds shut down piracy hub Megaupload

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- In one of the U.S. government's largest anti-piracy crackdowns ever, federal agents on Thursday arrested the leaders of and shut down Megaupload.com, a popular hub for illegal media downloads.

Hours later, Megaupload's fans turned the table on the feds. "Hacktivist" collective Anonymous said it set its sights on the U.S. Department of Justice and apparently knocked the agency's website offline.

"We are having website problems, but we're not sure what it's from," a DOJ spokeswoman told CNNMoney.

------------------------------------------

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
    Those people are fucking stupid and criminals, all they do is play into the Governments hands. While Holder needs to be thrown in jail for Fast and Furious, these people just make it worse.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry