Thread: Skype

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1 Skype 
    Senior Member namvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Western Mo
    Posts
    3,010
    I was wondering if anyone has this. video chating. its freeware so all you need is a webcam and mic. and a lot of webcams have the mic installed. seems to be popular.
    Im thinking of getting it but wanted to see if anyone here has it and how it works for you

    Skype link

    or if you have something else let me know.

    issues??? :D

    [youtube]FcN08Tg3PWw[/youtube]
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    42,996
    Ha! I had seen that a week or so ago. :D

    We use Skype to vidchat with the grandkids and others.
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member namvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Western Mo
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Ha! I had seen that a week or so ago. :D

    We use Skype to vidchat with the grandkids and others.
    ok any issues or problems???
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    42,996
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    ok any issues or problems???
    No issues, it's pretty solid. Works best of course with a fast connection.

    When we've talked to Sonnabend in AussieLand it sounded like he was next door. It's supported by our board software too. You can turn support on/off.
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member namvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Western Mo
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    No issues, it's pretty solid. Works best of course with a fast connection.

    When we've talked to Sonnabend in AussieLand it sounded like he was next door. It's supported by our board software too. You can turn support on/off.
    cool. yeah I see you have it under you avatar.
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has this. video chating.
    It's very cool, but a little sensitive to internet speed variations.

    I have used Skype to chat with my cousin in Austria and it performed beautifully. I could see the cracks in the paint on the wall across the room. That was Mac to PC. I have also used Skype from my Samsung Galaxy S II to my friend's inexpensive tablet with less than fabulous results. My niece on her Galaxy and me on mine, from room to room in the same house worked well, but with a slight delay from real time.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member namvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Western Mo
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    It's very cool, but a little sensitive to internet speed variations.

    I have used Skype to chat with my cousin in Austria and it performed beautifully. I could see the cracks in the paint on the wall across the room. That was Mac to PC. I have also used Skype from my Samsung Galaxy S II to my friend's inexpensive tablet with less than fabulous results. My niece on her Galaxy and me on mine, from room to room in the same house worked well, but with a slight delay from real time.
    thanks Novaheart. ive posted on some other forums and got some really positive hits. guess ill go webcam shopping tomorrow. I suppose there no issues connecting them together. well, maybe getting my friends to buy into it........:D
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Destroyer of Worlds Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Posts
    5,147
    I have skype, but don't do the vid link. You can use it for text messaging too like yahoo chat or msm chat. Much more stable then those two and nice feature is they will save the entire converse if you want to look back at who said what and when they said it.

    I use it a lot for online gaming where it comes in very handy.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    16,859
    My mother keeps asking me to set this up on her computer so she can chat with family in Illinois. I just finished the download. Now I can resume my normal plans for the day...:D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member namvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Western Mo
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I have skype, but don't do the vid link. You can use it for text messaging too like yahoo chat or msm chat. Much more stable then those two and nice feature is they will save the entire converse if you want to look back at who said what and when they said it.

    I use it a lot for online gaming where it comes in very handy.
    didn't know that. thank you. I got a vet I served with who lives in Thailand im hoping to connect with him
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •