Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1 Hercules Family Battles Sex Assault Claim Against 6-Year-Old 
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    54,313
    HERCULES (CBS 5) – An East Bay dad claims a game of tag on the playground resulted in his 6-year-old son being accused of sexual assault – a decision he said was an overreaction by school officials.

    The parent, who asked only to be identified as Oswin, said his son was accused of brushing his best friend’s leg or groin while the two were playing on the playground at Lupine Hills Elementary in Hercules two months ago.

    Oswin said his child was kept in the principal’s office for two hours until he confessed. He was suspended, and a sexual battery charge was placed on his permanent school record.

    “To me, I think it’s an overreaction,” said Marilyn Cheeks, a Lupine Hills Elementary parent

    Legally, there’s no such thing as sexual assault for a six year-old in California.

    It wasn’t until Oswin and his wife got a lawyer that the school backed off. District officials declined to discuss specifics. They did confirm that an investigation was conducted, and that the child could not be charged with sexual battery. The claim was removed from the boy’s record.

    Oswin’s son is attending another school now. He said he only hopes no one else will have to go through what his family did.
    http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...st-6-year-old/

    Revelation 15:1
    And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member DumbAss Tanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    5,877
    Those school administrators need to beaten with large sticks until they learn better decision-making skills.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    54,313
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Those school administrators need to beaten with large sticks until they learn better decision-making skills.
    Put them in a gunny sack and work the lumps out with a 2x4!:)

    Revelation 15:1
    And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    21,154
    I've seen some pretty badass 6 year olds. I'm not saying that this is the case here, but the school is in a position in which they can't defend themselves to the media because they have confidentiality rules about releasing student information. The school can't tell the media if this kid has a record of inappropriate behavior or not, so the only side of the story that gets presented to the public is the parents' side.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member Apache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tree rats are watching you
    Posts
    7,787
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I've seen some pretty badass 6 year olds. I'm not saying that this is the case here, but the school is in a position in which they can't defend themselves to the media because they have confidentiality rules about releasing student information. The school can't tell the media if this kid has a record of inappropriate behavior or not, so the only side of the story that gets presented to the public is the parents' side.
    Isn't California one of the states forcing sex-ed on grade schoolers? This is just reaping what's been sewn...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

    We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

    R.I.P. Crockspot
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    21,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Isn't California one of the states forcing sex-ed on grade schoolers? This is just reaping what's been sewn...
    I don't know what CA teaches kids out there.

    But there are 6 year olds who will try to use a game of tag to act on impulses of a sexual nature. Especially if the kid has been abused or exposed to porn.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •